Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 06:40 PM

Our first show...!

Well these pages are new to me

But yesterday Luna and I attended a christmas show here in Denmark yesterday.

Its an unofficial show, so nothing's noted in the papers.. Its hard to explain. We have a word for it in danish, but in english its the same word: show...

But we attended.. in open class. 3 dogs in that class. A 4 year old black bitch, Lasse - my friend's black lab boy, 2½ years and then me and Luna, whos also 2½ years old.

From left to right: Lasse, the winning bitch and Luna:

I dont know if this is how it works with every show, and if its only in Denmark, but we all 3 got a 1 prize - and Luna and I became 2. winner. The black bitch won and Lasse became 3. winner.

We had a great time, and the critic from the judge weren't too bad..

I'll try and translate (directly translated from danish, dont know how it would be said in english - if there are certain words ):

Bitch of good size, pretty good head and expession, good throat/neck and "overline" (?), just a wee bit of sloping cross, acceptable developed chest, acceptable legs, a slightly short overarm, better angled back, moves charmingly, but with some inwards-turned frontpaws when walking.

My friend, who has shown springer spaniels, says I should be able to further develop Luna's chest and the sloping cross by biking her, to get her trotting. She is also going to help me with some ringtraning, if I cant find a class for that..

I'm gonna go to another show

Oh... Lasse and Luna ran in the pair competition.. I think they did good, considering they've never run togethe like that before, AND considering that Luna is not happy being led by someone else than me.. But I hid, and that help. We didnt win that one, but that's okay.. I'm going "hunting" for a double leash Both one for shows but also one for training.

The winner and Luna:

Sorry got a bit long.. The pics are a bit fuzzy, but it was my camera, and my friend hasnt used it before these are some of the better ones.. I have about 75

Ooh this is Lasse and Luna in the pairs:

gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Very nice J!! And you did it!! :smt026 :smt026

She looks lovely!! What a nice critique as well!! :smt023
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Thank you Kate

I'm a very proud mum

I'm always proud of her, but its nice to know, its not just me, who thinks she's beautiful
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Well done Jeanette and Luna :smt038 glad you had a good day.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Well done! :smt023
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Bitch of good size, pretty good head and expession, good throat/neck and "overline" (?), just a wee bit of sloping cross, acceptable developed chest, acceptable legs, a slightly short overarm, better angled back, moves charmingly, but with some inwards-turned frontpaws when walking.

Think we would have said:-
Bitch well up to size, pretty feminine head and expression, clean throat good neck, topline just a bit sloping when stacked, moderate developed chest, acceptable or correct legs or bone, short upper arm, hind quarters correctly angulated, Moves well but is inclined to turn feet out when walking.

Glad you had a good time I think we call them companion shows, that is shows for companion dogs although most of us also use them to get youngsters used to being shown
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Thank you Caz, Rich and Jackie

Thank you Jackie, yeah that sounds about right...

The reason I attended this, was exactly the same.. I wanted to try it.. And see how things works.. And to see if this is even me...

I think it might be.. I'm going to give it a try a few times more...

And untill the first "real" show near us, we are going to train ringtraining and "body shaping"
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
That's great, well done! You won't look back, now!
At my first show, my bitch was 3rd (it was an Open show so not very important) and her litter brother was so jealous he ate the rosette. I was so upset at losing my first ever rosette, I wrote to the Secretary and she gave me another one!
I found that my ambitions changed as things got better. Having got a 3rd at an Open, I aimed for a 1st. Then I tried Champ shows and just to get a card was a thrill. Then, a red card... then a card from every UK show.... (it took more than a year ) got as far as a place at Crufts and a Reserve CC then emigrated! I now have 7 BIS Veteran prizes (for the same bitch that got 3rd years ago at her first show) 2 Green Stars (one major) and about a dozen Reserve Green Stars with the boys, since June this year. I may never have a Champion but I intend to have a lot of fun trying!
Whichever stage I am at, it is a fantastic day when I achieved the "next" ambition. I think that is what keeps many of us going
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Well done Jeanette and Luna
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

13-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Well done B/L & Luna
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >