register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
sorry, have just re-read your post and seen that you rehomed the dog, well thats surely a good thing to feel positive about isnt it? :smt023
CBT
Dogsey Senior

09-02-2005, 09:49 AM
edited - pressed quote button instead of reply
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I never turned the man away cbt I never would my fist prioriyt and always will be is the dog she knoe has a nice home with a family but he did not care seemed to think that welfare should pick up the pieces THIS IS NOT an isolated case it goes on and on and yes maybe I have been unfortunate as the only boxer rescue in scotland I do get loads of crack pots that seem to think that OH ! HEY ! welfare will take the dog it wont cost us anything and YES we do as EVERY dog is important to us the reason for giving up this dog bella was nothing short of freeing up his space so he could have another money making machine to work with and in my eyes THIS IS WRONG she has a great temprement and just loves cuddles so she has made a family very happy he did not come to us because he was thinking of the dog IT WAS WE WERE A CHEAP OPTION !!! THATS ME SHOUTING AT THE MACHINE NOW BUT i GET SO BLOODY ANNOYED
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Some breeders cannot see past their dogs making money for them,this bitch was past her sell by date.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:04 AM
how to others feel about this ? is it ok?
to me personally its NOT ok- but thats me and Im sure there will be people who disagree with me
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I can,t say this is the norm in my breed and a friend of mine who i have to say is co-ordinator for Cocker Spaniel rescue in the North East is a breeder and shows too. She has approx 10 of her own dogs and over half of them are oldies. I certainly would never do this with any of my dogs either. If this man was using this poor bitch as a breeding machine and said he had no more use for her i think that she is better off rehomed and maybe he has put her best interests first by doing this. At least he took her to the best place to make sure that she would get a good home, he could have dumped her or passed her on to anyone who was willing to have her but wouldn,t neccessarily give her the best home.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
If this was a well-known, supposedly reputable breeder, and you feel that you have a legitimate complaint regarding his treatment of the bitch why not inform the Breed Council. If it was a BYB - well, what else would you expect? At least he brought her to you and did not dump, shoot, cut her throat, starve her to death, sell her to the next puppy farmer, or carry on taking litters until she was really old. I can understand your frustrations but these are surely part and parcel of rescue? I am sure also that this situation is not the worst you have seen or will see in the furure.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
true she is much better off now but no he was,t thinking of her he could not get rid anyother way and it was cheaper for him but then he not the only one that has done this it was not an isolated case its not because they have the interest of the dog at heart ( WHAT HEART ) ITS BECAUSE ITS THE QUICKEST OPTION TO GET RID
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
It's just not fair at all, what a shame for the poor bitch who has been used as a breeding machine
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I take it this happens in all breeds and not just boxers
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >