View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I just got them out of Abe's box of things and they have a small hole in the front of each boot,but a little blob of araldite would solve that.

Other than that-near perfect condition.

I'll post them tommorrow morning for you and hope Teagans walks will be much easier for her.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Heather-try these...

http://www.canine-spirit.com/shop/de...15&prodsecid=3

I bought Abe a set of these when he was having problems with his paws and they are exceptional quality.The sizing is pretty important,so measure Teagans paws accurately (they give instructions on where to measure on their site) as a good fit is essential.The silver ones from Pets at Home are alright for short periods,but wear out very rapidly when walked on pavements.

Thes ones have padded soles which are also anti-slip.They do need 'breaking in' though like our shoes do and really are the best on the market!

I cannot give you Abe's set as they have too much sentimental value to me (as odd as this sounds).

Awww yes Steve thats one of the things I remember most about Abe - his boots - I think you posted a picture of him wearing them once didn't you - have you still got it - I would love to see it again He sounded a lovely lad - I would have love to have met him for a cuddle

I have still got Sabres collar and lead but I still haven't managed to look at them yet - they are in the shed - its still too painful
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Hiya Foxy-here is that picture of Abe wearing the booties.

He wasnt too impressed with me putting the booties on around the house as you can tell from the picture!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Awww wasn't he beautiful Did he not try to chew them off at all?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Nope-he was soooo good at not attempting to chew any dressing either myself or the vet put on him! I still miss him.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Nope-he was soooo good at not attempting to chew any dressing either myself or the vet put on him! I still miss him.

I know you do Steve - I cried all night when you told us he had died and next day too - so I don't know what you went through
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I know he had the most wonderful life,but 6 years was too short and i still feel cheated.I often think back if i missed any warning signs of the stomach tumour,but he never let anything on and i could read him like a book.

I will always have a great admiration for Rotties and couple of weeks ago,there was a Rottie show going on at the shelter i got Vegas from-there were loads of them! When Vegas matures a bit-there will be another in my life,but not until he calms down a bit!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I know he had the most wonderful life,but 6 years was too short and i still feel cheated.I often think back if i missed any warning signs of the stomach tumour,but he never let anything on and i could read him like a book.

I will always have a great admiration for Rotties and couple of weeks ago,there was a Rottie show going on at the shelter i got Vegas from-there were loads of them! When Vegas matures a bit-there will be another in my life,but not until he calms down a bit!

Yes I know how you feel because Sabre was just a month short of his 6th Birthday when he was put to sleep - I don't think I will ever get over him - he was just soooo special to me I feel cheated too because six years is no time at all. I'm still not over him 17 months later
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
it makes no odds how long you have them you still want longer.
thats the first time i have seen abe in his boots, wasnt he good not to pull them off.
steve some times there is no signs for you to pick up on esp with tumors, they come from no where and change so fast.
alot of the time with internal organs you don't know they are there untill it affects the dog.
abe was a lovely lad,you did your best for him.
you never stop missing them just learn to carry on and remember the good times.
heather does your vets sell the boots? ours do but not sure if they are any good,haven't had the need for them upto now.
good luck with t and your walks you have been waiting so long for.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2