View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Update on Gelert's tests (lumps are fatty tissue / lipomas. Cushing's disease)

I thought I'd let you know how we got on when Gel went to the vet to get a lump checked out.It turnded out to be fatty tissue,which I was thrilled to hear (thanks to all the DWers who eased my mind before the visit).While we were there she also had a blood test as she has put weight on and is very lazy at the mo, so I thought her soloxine tablets for thyroid problems needed altering.
The vet phoned a couple of days later to say her thyroid was fine, but that an enzyme in her liver was high and she had to have another blood test to find more out.So off we went again,more tests, the vet saying it could be Cushings disease.I was straight on the tinters to find out more, and although I prefer to know more rather than less,I didn't like the sound of this Cushings thing,so we had a bit of a worrying two days.
Anyway,the vet said that she didn't think there was anything to worry about as the last lot of tests show the level to be 'a little raised but not enough to be concerned'.
So, now we have to measure her drinking water for about a week to check how much she is drinking, and ring if we are concerned.
Sorry its such a long post and thanks for your support.
Ps Gel is just the same as ever,I think she's just idle and theres nothing wrong with her!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
aww that is brilliant news you must be so relieved big hugs to you all
Yorkie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Glad to hear that you've had some good news!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Great news. xxxxxx
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi G, glad the lumps nothing to worry about, don`t know if you`ve seen this link about cushings http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...s_disease.html

I notice she had thyroid probs, thought I`d post this link about it for you

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...oidDisease.htm
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2005, 11:53 PM
That's great that the lump is nothing to worry about I hope everything else turns out ok too. Sounds like she's happy.