Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 06:18 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, April 15

Good morning everyone.

Rather dull and overcast this morning, believe we are in for more rain.

Griff, hope your Mum's friend is going to be ok and will soon be recovering well.

Glad Casey is recovering and hopefully will soon be fully fit.
Hope Dillon's leg is not so stiff this morning. Certainly hope that Norma and Mr Fritz are recovering well.

Nippy Jen, hope you are not overdoing things with your company though I believe they will soon be on their way home.

June, hope the girls behaved themselves last night. Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. supposed to be a lot colder today! God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 07:12 AM
Morning all.
Absolutely pouring here. Could really do with out it. We are going to visit our daughter who lives the other side of Exeter. Don't like travelling in the rain
Moyra, I am having a good time at the moment. All housework except the bare minimum is forgotten. I cook and Brian and Helmut wash up

An interesting day yesterday. We stayed in Brixham with the intention of going out in the evening to eat.
Well there is one road into and out of this sleepy fishing village. Yesterday morning there was a smash on the one road, involving 2 police cars. Everything stopped. An investigating team had to come the neighbouring force and nothing was able to be moved until all that was done. Traffic had to be diverted through narrow country lanes, there were breakdowns and other accidents, it took 7 hours in all to clear and we stayed home and had jacket potatoes and salad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Morning Moyra, Nippy Jen and all who follow.
Very wet here too. Poor garden is like a sea of mud again !
That was a wise yesterday Nippy Jen. Safe journey and enjoy your visit today.

Hope all poorly humans and four legged friends are well today or improving.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Just finally got back in from walking Amber. Checked I had keys in my pocket when I went out Steve was still home. By the time I got back he had gone and then I discovered I had the wrong set of keys in my pocket and was locked out the house. Fortunately a neighbour phoned for a locksmith and I sat out on my walker outside the door until he came and let me in £55 Labour. If only I had taken my phone with me I could have stopped Steve and got him to come back and open up. Trouble is I do not bother with my mobile phone from one day to the next. I will in future take it with me as well as checking I have the right set of keys!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Morning all
Nippy, that sounds like a nightmare!!!
TW, you asked if mums friend would have to stay in for 6 weeks...i bl**dy help not Lol Her cousin was up there when we arrived last night, we didn't think she would go as she apparently can't go out on her own...well she managed to turn up drunk to kaths the night before she was admitted to hospital...on her own with a shed load of luggage, for somebody who struggles to go out i was very very surprised...she was calm, not at all nervous and laughing etc....not what i expect of someone with aggorophobia (my nan had that). Mum is down as next of kin but Kath daren't say anything about that as her cousin will have a fit...it is all self self self with that woman.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Oh no Moyra, how awful... could you leave a key with a neighbour or hidden somewhere?
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone who follows,
I'm off this morning to visit my cousin, to pick up some cakes my aunty has made for me..yum, they for my work friends and a couple for my husband too

Well I started writing this ages ago, but then lauryn rang to tell me she couldn't find her bus card, typical she didn't check that she had it before she left the house so I had to transfer her bus money into her account so she could catch the next bus, bet it's at the bottom of her college bag!!
Now I need to get ready to visit my cousin, be back at lunchtime
Have a good day everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 08:13 AM
No I must repair the bag under my walker and then secure a spare key in there! But I must also remember to take my phone too, just in case I get into trouble.

Nippy, Glad you are enjoying your visitors, hope you get to see your daughter today!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Just read through,
What an awful woman Griff,
Oh heck Moyra, glad you back in now,
Blimey Nippy glad you are enjoying your company, enjoy the visit to your daughter today

Right off to get ready
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 08:57 AM
I feel like i have had my arm cut off if i don't have my phone, before christmas last year i popped to get some bits for presents, left in a rush and i needed to call my mum...went to get my phone, no phone, panicked like mad thinking it had been lost but i realised i hadn't popped it in my pocket... i had to go old school and find a phone box!!!! i couldn't beleive the minimum charge for using the phone either...then the phone just ate my money Lol i was very annoyed
ooooooo Mandy, enjoy the cakes,hahaha i hope Lauryn finds her pass
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >