Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 08:41 PM

Good day at Clonmel (Stewarding)

Today was my first International show as a Steward. I was lucky, yet again, to have a continental judge, a charming lady from Sweden who spoke perfect English and was delightful to work with. Under FCI there is a LOT of paperwork so there were two stewards, I opted to shouting and handing out cards so I was on my feet all day. We had a number of breeds including Weimies and labs (never been kissed with such enthusiasm!) also Pointers, there was a very well known UK exhibitor there, she was a good laugh too. The sun even put in an appearance!
It was very interesting to see a top judge in action and I am sure I learned a few things. Afterwards, having looked after the judge over lunch, I had a wander and there were plenty of people to chat to. It's amazing how many more people talk to you if you have a steward's badge on! The atmosphere, as ever at Clonmel, was very relaxed and friendly.
My feet are now killing me and I have to leave at 2.30am (tonight) to go to Dublin and catch a plane to Manchester for a day trip so I'd better go and pack my bag and try to get a couple of hours sleep