Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Kennel Cough again!!!

Argh! I think Max has Kennel Cough again!

He started coughing a little yesterday and tonight it has turned inot a hacking, retching cough....

I've given him honey/lemon water and a teaspoon of butterfly syrup. I've no Benelyn in and can't get any as it's Sunday

And of course, Murphy is bound to get it... he's only just 4 months old... Luckily, as yet, he isn't coughing or hacking.

Off to the vets in the morning!

Is there anything I can do tonight to make them any more comfortable?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Havent heard of any other way of helping out rather than what you are using,they usually have it for a couple of weeks don't they.Nero's had it and all his were grounded until it cleared up.Your 2 will be driven nuts with it,poor babys.Give them big hugs form me and hope they are better soon,xxxxxxxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Marinate some finely chopped garlic and onion in honey over night and sieve in the morning then give the dogs a teaspoon when they are coughing badly. Doesn't taste as bad as it sounds and yes I have tried it on my dogs and me lol!
Becky
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Agree with Mahooli,s honey and garlic formula, worked for Son s springer a couple of years ago and did not see the vet.
jannie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Your doing the right thing but put a little garlic in as well.If you can get them the kennel cough injection that will help further problems.Its awfull when they catch it.good luck.