View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 05:42 PM

Help Insect bite type things all over SBT!

Hi
Does anyone have any ideas???,
Iv come home from work and Greg has insect bite type things all up his legs and on his back, called the vet cant fit me in until tomorrow evening. He also smells funny, kind of like sweat. The vets said probably fleas but he isnt scratching, has no sign of flea dirt and is all up to date on his flea stuff.
Does anyone know what it might be to ease my mind?? he looks horrid with lots of bumps all over him:smt022 :smt022 :smt022 ( to my knowledge he hasnt rolled in anything, hasnt been off his lead for over a week)
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi, Just a thought ..if you're confident it's not fleas, could it be ants? as it sounds as though something has crawled up his legs and onto his back. Whatever I hope you get it sorted soon.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Give him Prition if you have any. My Vet told me to Give too my Dogs if they get stung
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Meganrose
Hi, Just a thought ..if you're confident it's not fleas, could it be ants? as it sounds as though something has crawled up his legs and onto his back. Whatever I hope you get it sorted soon.
This is my first dog so im not 100% sure its not fleas but everything iv read says he will be scratching loads and Il be able to see flea dirt which I cant. and hes totally up tp date with his fleas stuff not due until about a week and a half again. Im gonna go check the garden for ants, thanks for the idea!
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
Give him Prition if you have any. My Vet told me to Give too my Dogs if they get stung
Thanks iv just put one in with his dinner!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:10 PM
hiya

My boy gets this all the time in the summer and if you do a search on this section am sure there is about 5 posts of varioous staffies with bites and bumps !!

They just seem to be quite sensitive to it.

I know bruno has berry bug bites at the moment - which are raised lumps under the skin and piriton and a cooling bath followed with plastering in calamine lotion normally takes the itchiness out.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
hiya

My boy gets this all the time in the summer and if you do a search on this section am sure there is about 5 posts of varioous staffies with bites and bumps !!

They just seem to be quite sensitive to it.

I know bruno has berry bug bites at the moment - which are raised lumps under the skin and piriton and a cooling bath followed with plastering in calamine lotion normally takes the itchiness out.
Hiya, Thanks for the reply, do the berry bug bite normally iritate him? Greg doenst seem to be scratching at all!?!?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Are they like this?

Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Annestaff]Are they like this?

Yeah they are making his fur tuft up like that but not as many as that.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Here the thread I made when Cassy was covered in them

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=35896

Since Cassy had her lumpy episode Harvey had some a few weeks later just the same, within 12 hours all Harvey's were gone. Never got to the bottom of what caused them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >