Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I hope you and Henry are ok,hugs for you and gentle cuddles to Henry xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:22 PM
So sorry to read about this, but glad the police do listen to you and that you and your boy are relativley OK

Wys
x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I hope you and Henry are ok,hugs for you and gentle cuddles to Henry xx
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
So sorry to read about this, but glad the police do listen to you and that you and your boy are relativley OK

Wys
x
Thanks so much Sal & Wys. xx

Reading other peoples experiences when their dogs have been attacked, I know that we are very lucky to have found someone that helps us and follows it all the way through, very lucky indeed.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear what happened, hugs to you and Henry, hope you get it sorted x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Aw, poor you and poor Hen, I really hope he recovers okay.

I'm guessing that his reaction was just cause he was sick of this dog going for him, so I don't blame him.

As for the owner, well she has been warned what would happen if the dog was off lead, she has nobody to blame but herself.

Hugs from Dougal and I.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:55 PM
How upsetting for your both. Can't imagine an English Setter getting grumpy at another dog-the ones we have met are all so sweet-tempered. Poor Henry must really have had enough of the nasty dog. What were the owners thinking about letting it off-lead? No consideration for others. Sadly I too seem to meet someone nearly every dog who has a dog attack story.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear this It must have been so upsetting for you. I'm glad you're reporting it again. If I were you I'd look at following this up ASAP with some really positive experiences for Henry. It would be just awful if this turned him fear aggressive, so I think it would be great to be proactive and ensure he gets to meet some friendly strange dogs to nip it in the bud. Good luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=scorpio;2266497]Thanks H

Funnily enough, when the first order was placed on the dog, Chrissie came back to me and said this woman would like to exchange phone numbers so we can work out when we walk our dogs and avoid each other. Maybe I'm totally in the wrong here but I refused, I didn't want our walks planned around what she wants to do, I said that, so long as the dog was kept on a lead at all times I wanted us both to be free to go where we wanted and when we wanted, I sometimes have to alter my walk times depending on deliveries etc or if Clive needs me to be at home a certain time.

I was thinking more along the lines of SHE ought to ring you, just to warn you that she's off out with the dog, and that way, at least you would be forewarned, and it's then up to you whether you take the risk or not, and she should do that EVERY time she is going out the door imo!?

There's a little black rat that lives up the back of me, and this dog has taken the trouble to race halfway across our village green to launch an attack at Zena, once right at her mouth to get the ball out of it!!!! This started when she was only about 4 months old and the last attack was when she was about a year old, so we avoid it like the plague now. However, she has to walk past my driveway gates twice a day, and guaranteed, I've just let the dogs out there for a wee, when she's going past and it yaps and yaps and yaps, sets Zena off, although I've now trained her to "leave it", stop barking back at it, and come indoors, coz she used to go ballistic tail in the air, zooming up and down the gates and if she was let out there, she would definitely kill it now I know that!!! Considering this woman has admitted it was HER dog that doesn't like Zena and instigated all 3 attacks, I wish she would ring me if she's taking it out, because if I decided to do a lead walk and stepped outside my gates and it was there, I think I'd have problems! Even though Zena is willing to ignore any other yapping, barking, growling dog we come across, this one is different, she'd want to get at it! Hopefully she won't lol!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Lots of hugs to you and Henry and hope everything gets sorted and you don't have another encounter with that dog, which must have been awful and I too would have been so very angry.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Oh, this has made me spit a few expletives at the monitor......

Honestly, Sheree.......

Hugs hon.... xxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >