View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MaloreyAnimal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this! I swear, I'll be a crazy dog lady one day!

Mother*ship - I actually do do agility with our dogs now! Just backyard, but I have the items, and make different courses for them! Simba is AMAZING at it!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry I don't have this problem I go with my heart, English Setter, English Setter, and again Enlish Setter, rescue or bought from a accredited breeder, but hopefully my next one will be Kyesh's Son. Gayle xxx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:34 AM
We had a shortlist of three breeds (I'd have liked to add Schnausers to the list just because they look so fab but hubby doesn't quite feel the same about the moustache) that we love and we're waiting for a homecheck from a breed rescue for one. A non-rescue wasn't a consideration!

German Shepherds - we both love (there's one I see going through the wobbly ear thing who is adorable!) but we think is possible too large for the space we have.
Collies - again we love them but we don't have the time to be happy with getting one at present and think we need a calmer dog. Last thing we want is a neurotic stressed out canine with a brain - nothing worse for mayhem than something with an IQ and time on their hands/paws!
So, having performed extensive calculations into the amount of remaining sofa space, we've worked out there's probably a greyhound shaped vacancy and are waiting on a homecheck and a suitable dog to be found. Been in touch with the RGS people a fair bit over the last couple of weeks about it.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I want a Boxer. I think they're awesome dogs and all the ones I've met have been such characters I've fallen in love with them all. Size, coat, general temperament, exercise needs, trainability everything works for me. There are other breeds I like but if I had the choice my next dog would be a Boxer. Chances are I'll have another mutt though
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I had loads of issues finding a breed before I got Cooper, I had a list of them that would suit me, but I saw Cooper on the rescue site and my heart melted, so it took the decision away from me.
Luckily I am a bit of a research queen and research everything to death so already had a good idea of what I was letting myself in for.

I do keep looking at other breeds as although I like lots of traits of the Dalmatian the stubbornness really annoys me sometimes!

I like Hovawarts, Wetterhouns and GSP's, and I think if I got another dog I would be looking at one of these breeds, as well as another Dally with a long linage of easily trained ancestors
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Decided on my next breed ages ago, it will be a Malinois (working bred)
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I must admit that I really didn't have any breed in mind when I first started owning dogs. Breeds I have owned and do own are collies and cross, lurchers, greyhounds and now a staffie!! If I connect with the dog then that's the dog for me BUT that said, I love greys and lurchers
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 12:56 PM
I have a long long list of dogs I would love to own... but, I know in my heart I will always have English Setters, to me, nothing compares to them.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Its a bit silly, but now we have a staffy I could not consider getting another breed of dog. I just absolutely adore everything about them through and through and I can't picture my life without one in it. So for us it will always be a staffy

having said that I do have a major soft spot for ridgebacks but I couldnt choose one over a staff.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:41 PM
There are so many breeds I love but I go along to the local rescue and see what breed fancies me
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >