View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:29 PM

Nation of Animal Lovers? Does Britain still deserve this title?

Given the stories we all hear daily about abused animals and abandoned animals do you really feel the Uk deserves the title of *nation of animal lovers*
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
no, there are some really sick Ba***** out there that should be shot. and the more i read and the more i learn the more they seam to be of them. i would say that there are a lot of dog lovers out there but most would not help an animal that needed it if it was not there own
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I dont think we do

But on the other hand we have people like those on DW who would do anything for their pets
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Do you know the sad fact is the North East is the capital of animal abusers/abandoners in the UK. Very sad in my opinion.
Someone in the village had a GSD and when they got sick of it (it was a bit agressive, but I've seen worse) they had it put to sleep! They now have a Sheltie, Chihuahua and Papillion! People like that shouldn't get a second chance!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Do you know the sad fact is the North East is the capital of animal abusers/abandoners in the UK. Very sad in my opinion.
Someone in the village had a GSD and when they got sick of it (it was a bit agressive, but I've seen worse) they had it put to sleep! They now have a Sheltie, Chihuahua and Papillion! People like that shouldn't get a second chance!
no ppl like that should not have a dog again

and Wales is where most of the puppy farmers come from and they dont give to **** where the pups come from or how they are bred
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 10:56 PM
I've lost count of the amount of people who, on seeing Satchmo, have told me about the dog they "used to have" who they had pts for the most ridiculous (IMO) reasons - it was destructive (because they left it alone for hours and hours) or because it cost too much to keep. There seem to be a load of people who don't want to invest the time in sorting out any pet's problems, even if the owners themselves have caused that problem. What worries me the most is that I've only met a very small number of people who have had to rehome one of their dogs - many more seem to opt for the pts route

Becs
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2005, 11:20 PM
IMO there's really no nation deserving of such a title. Sick abuse goes on all over the world. I would say, though, based on what I saw, the UK is much more animal 'friendly' than the US. And Paris! What a treat to see all of the dogs in the store fronts and restaraunts!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Its a throw away world, and unfortunately to a lot of uncaring people that includes dogs....
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

09-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Moli
Its a throw away world, and unfortunately to a lot of uncaring people that includes dogs....
Totally agree, in some cases it is a fashion accessory. And like fashion just as fickle. One of my students who is a Vet nurse of twenty years standing, phoned me yesterday to tell me that a dog (young GSD) has just been put into rescue because it pulled on the lead. What sort of would do that.

Stan
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I agree no nation deserves the title, when we look at it theres sick people every where abusing animals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >