Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I would definitely stick to the 5 minute rule when lead walking. You can ease up a bit when the pup is off lead and mooching around at his own pace but again, don't go mad.
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
30-45 mins running/stopping/noseying around etc, cos i feel that this is the same as garden play, he is free to stop and start etc.
Hmmm...Please provide an explanation of the words highlighted as I'm pretty sure Toby does not know what they mean!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Garden play is different, he knows the area & can flop down or come into the house at his own will. Outside there is all those exciting & different smells & no matter what the body says, his brain will drive him on!

At his age we would give short bursts of no more than 10-15 mins off lead even in the garden. No climbing stairs either until 12 months - let his skeletal bones grow & develop properly.

Little & often whilst babies is the golden rule. You can buy interactive toys now for puppies & kittens which are excellent. Above all enjoy your puppy, they grow up so (too) fast.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2