Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Thanks Tracey, yea we had a lovely time, Tonights walk was not so good, not as bad as she has been, so things are moving in the right direction.

Update.....

Phoned Wiccaweys (sp) tonight and spoke to a lovely guy. The first thing he asked was what food she was on. I told him Life Stage Puppy, he said to take her off that because it is too high protein. Thinking about it and discussing it with Chris, she has become more manic since being on this food. It has a protein of 40%, but I was told (not on here) that she still needed the puppy food.
the guy at Wiccaweys said that her little brain is working in overdrive, she has too much energy and need to expell it, and this is part of the problem.
He also advised me to (as a lot of you have said on here
to give her something to do while on a walk. ie, ball toy etc. I did this today anyway, because of Dogsey I must say it seems to be making a difference, she had to focus of the ball instead of herding everything in sight.
He said I could ring him anytime!!
Elaine xx
brilliant ,there very good ,thats paul . its just giving her somethink to do and think about ,mine love there ball on a a rope ,if i throw it and it gets stuck in the tree ,ill go to any length to try and get it down lol and i have done ,but thats another story youll be joining the wiccaweys forum now lol its got loads of useful things on there worth a visit ,they would love to hear all about poppy im sure weldone elaine
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Mish, will check it out, can I buy in store or is ito online?
Elaine xx
On line only

http://www.genesispetfood.co.uk/splash/

She only need eat a liitle too

Stick her on Adult Lamb & rice probaley.

Dont faint it is expensive, but will last her MONTHS!!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
On line only

http://www.genesispetfood.co.uk/splash/

She only need eat a liitle too

Stick her on Adult Lamb & rice probaley.

Dont faint it is expensive, but will last her MONTHS!!!!!

Thanks for that Mish xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
brilliant ,there very good ,thats paul . its just giving her somethink to do and think about ,mine love there ball on a a rope ,if i throw it and it gets stuck in the tree ,ill go to any length to try and get it down lol and i have done ,but thats another story youll be joining the wiccaweys forum now lol its got loads of useful things on there worth a visit ,they would love to hear all about poppy im sure weldone elaine
Thanks Tracey......you live and learn, might just have a look at the forum
xxxx
Angelis
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi Elaine, I know very little about border collies I freely admit that, I always thought they were working dogs, but nowadays a lot of people seem to keep them as pets.

I personally prefer GSD's which are from a herding stock, once again maybe they are not ideal pets.

All I wanted to say is we all go through the bad bits but its how we cope with them that matters, and if the end result is a happy well balanced doglet then its all good

As long as in your heart you know you are doing the right thing for Poppy and for yourself,keep smiling.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Well done hun on todays progress............Great.

Glad you rang Wiccaways and they sound like they have reassured you......Poppy will be fine hun xxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
Hi Elaine, I know very little about border collies I freely admit that, I always thought they were working dogs, but nowadays a lot of people seem to keep them as pets.

I personally prefer GSD's which are from a herding stock, once again maybe they are not ideal pets.

All I wanted to say is we all go through the bad bits but its how we cope with them that matters, and if the end result is a happy well balanced doglet then its all good

As long as in your heart you know you are doing the right thing for Poppy and for yourself,keep smiling.
Thanks for the positive post hun
Elaine x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done hun on todays progress............Great.

Glad you rang Wiccaways and they sound like they have reassured you......Poppy will be fine hun xxxxxxxx

Thanks Steph, yea today was great, although tonight was not so good, but I know I am going to have good days and bad, but you know me, I will not fail these two. Yea Wiccaways were really helpful, I feel a bit stupid over the food though, you live and learn. Will be looking .....again.....for a food, and belive me when I find it I will be sticking to this one, I only changed because I was told she sould still be on Puppy food, As JWB was getting beyond my pocket, I found Jolleys own brand Life Stage, so I got puppy for poppy and adult for Ben. Just looked at the adult and its still 24% protein so I think that is still too high.
Elaine xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Elaine

If you need a freindly face albeit a bit dusty i can always come over for a coffee and a Poppy cuddle. It's great that you have made such a positive start. Hugs from me and Fudge.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Steph, yea today was great, although tonight was not so good, but I know I am going to have good days and bad, but you know me, I will not fail these two. Yea Wiccaways were really helpful, I feel a bit stupid over the food though, you live and learn. Will be looking .....again.....for a food, and belive me when I find it I will be sticking to this one, I only changed because I was told she sould still be on Puppy food, As JWB was getting beyond my pocket, I found Jolleys own brand Life Stage, so I got puppy for poppy and adult for Ben. Just looked at the adult and its still 24% protein so I think that is still too high.
Elaine xx
You'll sort it hun, it's all just a blip, and once it's all sorted you'll have a good laugh....say in years to come....Only joking hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 15 of 18 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >