Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 02:40 AM

Why people hate cats.

Me. I'm a cat lover. I have three wonderful very special kitties that share my life and home. They are all three spayed, vaccinated and kept indoors. The only person my cats bother is me.

Now for the past three nights I have been kept up by a ranging female cat in call, and her cassanova boyfriends. She has chosen a territory in the area around my house and screams and caterwauls well into the night. WHen she starts calling, that gets my cats, particuarly my boys who while neutered, still know what a lady cat in love sounds like, all worked up.

So the cats are running back and forth through the house from window to window. Then Juliets boyfriend pays her a visit and the screaming begins. This gets my dog all worked up and she's pacing through the house, growling and woofing. Finally the cats outside finish the deed and everyone inside settles down again, only to repeat the cycle all over in thirty minutes.

It's driving me INSANE!!! This is why people hate cats. Because roaming intact cats are damn annoying! They give all cats a bad name. They certainly aren't putting me in the best of moods.

Hmph!
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I feel your pain I have six cats four neutered toms and two spayed queens, they so go out the back garden but as were surrounded on all sides from cat unfriendly dogs they only play in my garden. My thing is a couple of neighbours have un-castrated tomcats that constantly spray around my doors and vents and the smell, wouldn’t be so bad but their on benefit and get a huge discount where as In pay in full.
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:18 PM
And another reason! Have one of the local toms decide to use the border beneath your bedroom window as a litter tray, have another cat happen upon them whilst doing so and suddenly you are woken from your sleep in absolute terror thinking either the neighbours are at war or you are still dreaming and in a very disturbing episode of Most Haunted!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-03-2007, 11:31 PM
4 cats here and I still remember Bramble's and Chippy's calls prior to 'being done' NIGHTMARE keeping the boys away !!!!

Bramble (Girl)

Chippy (Girl)

Stop this pair (the boys)

Murphy

Paddy
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2007, 09:45 PM
wev a resident cat sparky,hes 9years old i had him done as he bust his pelvis in a rta and now he a good hunter,he a outside cat and we got him from a farm as a four month old,he had to be able to run as our dogs dont like cats but he a cute pussey,and knows were to sit so dogs cant get him
wev also a feral cat called dirty pecy,he was left by his mom at about 5 weeks she was killed on road,he a f.....he strikes at me when i go past but sits and yamms for food,and when i go to feed him he strikes again,im suprised he aint walked into my toe
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Cats are OK, but not when they come into my garden to do their business. If my dogs did that in other people's gardens there would be wars. I can smell cat wee as soon as I walk up my garden path, and if I find the cat responsible, it will be sorry it ever came up my path!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm not a huge cat fan, but I do have one and she's lovely (although sometimes like having a fourth dog! ). She must be the only cat to prefer to poo in her own garden, but thankfully she's been spayed for quite a while so none of the problems you're describing.

Must be a nightmare!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 12:33 AM
forgot to mention my sparky only will eat dog food,the silly cat the time he bust his pelvis he got whiskas for a change i felt sorry for him,he looked at me and i had the thought i wonder whos 9 out of 10 cats prefer it.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I do like cats, but unfortunalty my dogs don't Having quite a few outbuildings here brings in a lot of rodents Thankfully our neighbours cats seem to do thier job
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I do like cats, but unfortunalty my dogs don't Having quite a few outbuildings here brings in a lot of rodents Thankfully our neighbours cats seem to do thier job
Yep, that's one good thing about having a cat about - no more rodents!