Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Nice lie in this morning, although Zena got Dave up at 6 am to go out and she doesn't seem quite right, she won't eat her Markies and has gone back to bed. Haven't had this for a while, but I'm sure she'll perk up once we get ready to take her out.

A light dusting of snow down here and that wind looks bitterly cold, but we'll be going up on the clifftop. Then again, it hasn't rained for a while and it's frosty so we might actually just walk across the road into the woods for a change.

Hope everyone is fine this morning along with the dogets.
Lynn, I hope Gorden has settled back in and got a nice, clear head back ready to soldier on towards getting that Lincs job. Just imagine, if he had gone to Kazak, he'd have disappeared again by now

I'm sorry, but I can't remember much else, my head has gone blank, so I'll make this a short one, enjoy your Sunday, stay warm and enjoy a nice, relaxing day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning Helena.
I hope Zena perks up soon
Gorden seems very settled.

We keep looking at the clock saying if you had gone you would be doing this now.
He kept checking for news yesterday as we wouldn't of been surprised if at the last minute the final 4 were dropped too seems they have gone though as no news to suggest they haven't.

Not snowing here like it was yesterday and I hope it doesn't and it starts to warm up very soon my poor old joints are suffering with this cold now. I need some warm sun on me poor old bones.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning H and all,
I slept most of yesterday on and off and although I still feel shattered my tempreture is starting to come down now and my sore throat not as sore. Unfortunatly it has developed into a stinking cold and it is making my COPD quite bad so had to stay well propped up in bed last night and woke up every 40mins or so wheezing and having to cough.

Lily started up with her gulping and throat spasms yesterday evening, it can be caused by excess stomach acid or allergy so I gave her an Antepsin tablet and an hour later a piriton. This morning she seems much better.

Charly and Ash leave Devon today and come back. I am not expecting to see them till late this evening though as Ash went out farewell drinking with his mates last night so Charly said they probably won't leave till late afternoon. Will be great to have them back though I have really missed them.

Hope Zena is ok H.
Take care all and have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Hope you feel better soon Bev and pleased to hear Lily seems a bit better after her tablets.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Morning all! I think Zena is probably still silently 'stewing' over those carpet fitters!

Sorry to hear you are poorly madmare.

Lynn I get totally confused by your situation with your OH and his job! Never know whether to say good news or bad luck! (I used to get TOTALLY lost in these good morning threads where everyone seemed to know everything about everyone else - getting there slowly)

We had a nice walk in the warm sunshine this morning and I remembered to wear just a short sleeved overshirt today.

Alas, all our usual trails are just quagmires after the storm and rain from hell yesterday. So we retraced our own steps quite a bit after doing the long stretch, but she met 3 doggy pals on the way back - she is always happier when she's done that.

She did something she hasn't done since a puppy today - she got WELL AHEAD of me on the path - 10 times further than usual and would not stop (or turn round to look) until I'd called her quite a few times - what with her shenanigans yesterday! However she did stop for a poo (in about the usual spot for it) and then made her way back to me so I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was desperate to get there!

She better not start playing up! She'll be back on that lead all the time until she learns again! She definitely has the wind up her bum right now. Maybe she senses something going on with all the furniture being switched around and me doing stuff I don't usually do (CLEANING & SORTING OUT CUPBOARDS YUK) and her (my) bed being a foot higher now!

She's been a bit 'barky' since we returned from the UK but I am ignoring that - putting it down to her asserting herself in here again and also that we've had 2 lots of new neighbours move in on my floor since returning. She never barks at those she already knows.

I can't put the boring PDF conversions off any more and will have to do them today - Mothers Day Bouquet details. Zzzzzzzzzz
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Bev and Pat,

Bev - I'm glad you're temperature is coming down and hopefully after a quiet restful day (if poss) you'll start feeling even better. Sorry to hear about Lily - hopefully she'll be fine today.

Helena - Oooh, it'll be cold up on them cliffs Enjoy your walk.

Pat - I do hope little Bella behaves herself today

Lynn - Keep warm and enjoy your Sunday.

Bitterly cold here at 5 this morning while I was outside in the garden with the boys as Rucksack was busy eating grass and then brining it back up He's fine just does this if the acid levels rise in his stomach - goodness only knows why the do, Flash is fine and they are fed the same etc etc.

Hopefully my OH will take our guest out today.
See you later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Just another manic Sunday
Tang you are not alone, I still get totally lost in these threads and my poor old brain just cannot keep up
Hope you are all well, must go and prepare this lunch otherwise it will be even more manic
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Good morning fellow members another bitterly cold day and I didn't linger on my early walk with Chloe.

I am off to the twins third birthday party later so I am in for a busy day helping their mummy

Enjoy your day everyone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Morning everyone

No lie in here - thanks to Loki and his whining and pacing around from 6 am!

We're off soon for his walk but I hope he's not going to go all Princess Prissy Paws on me again like yesterday - he was so determined not to get his delicate little tootsies muddy by going through the gate with me, he went between the barbed wire fence instead and left a pile of fur behind! Then he had the audacity to rumble at me when I was checking for any cuts.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today, even if it's really cold again like it is here.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Why is it that some nights I sleep so well that even having to get up to let Pereg out does not disturb me, and then on one of the nights that she does not wake me to go out I end up with a dodgy tummy again? Up and down like a bloomin' yoyo and then got grumbled at by her every time I tried to get back into bed.

Seem to be running very late this morning as I keep getting interrupted, so apologies for ignoring everyone. Hopefully I will catch up later.

Hope all poorlies get unpoorlied - I blame it all on the weather! Well, gotta blame it on something!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »