Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LilMissDogLover
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:23 PM

Staffie x Whippet x Rottie

Hey need some help the other day my Bitch (Staffie x Whippet) got caught off my male (Rottie) and we are trying to imagine what the pups will look like does anyone have any ideas?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Gosh, I take it you are going ahead with the pregnancy?

I would just be concerned that your bitch could pass pups sired by a Rottie as she is part whippet, part staffie...you may find that she has to have a c-section.

I'm sure there will be members that have the breeds concerned who are far better qualified to advise you about this.

As to what they would look like...I would think they would be on the large/stocky side as apposed to sleek like the whippet. With regards to colouring I would assume that the Rottie colouring would be dominant.
LilMissDogLover
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:35 PM
To be quite honest if it was up to me i woudnt let the pregnancy happen as there was a problem with her mum and im not sure wether it will be the same with her.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Horse - bolted etc !! Do you not think your dogs should be neutered ? There are so many unwanted puppies in rescue centres, especially staffies,and staffie x's.
LilMissDogLover
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:38 PM
We know people from family that would take the pub and the Bitch as been thro alot we were leaving here neutered till later on
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by LilMissDogLover View Post
To be quite honest if it was up to me i woudnt let the pregnancy happen as there was a problem with her mum and im not sure wether it will be the same with her.
I wouldn't breed a second litter from a bitch that had problems, however other breeders do and don't have problems second time round, I guess it just depends how you, as the owner, feel about taking the risk.

I think you will find that a lot of people will try to talk you out of having the litter, you only have to see the number of dogs that already need homes and, when I was breeding, always had a waiting list before I mated my girls. However, I know that accidents can happen...my Irish setter once mated my English Setter but I had her injected to prevent any pups being born as I wasn't comfortable with breeding a litter of cross-breeds.

I note that you wrote if it were up to you then you wouldn't go ahead...are you being cajoled into making the decision to let her have pups?

As I said, you will get people advising you against it and its only because we care about dogs in general and try to be helpful to people that are in a predicament, please don't take anything personally....I would definately advise you to have any pregnancy terminated both for your bitches sake and that of the unborn pups, but at the end of the day it is your decision.

The best of luck with whatever you decide
LilMissDogLover
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I wouldn't breed a second litter from a bitch that had problems, however other breeders do and don't have problems second time round, I guess it just depends how you, as the owner, feel about taking the risk.

I think you will find that a lot of people will try to talk you out of having the litter, you only have to see the number of dogs that already need homes and, when I was breeding, always had a waiting list before I mated my girls. However, I know that accidents can happen...my Irish setter once mated my English Setter but I had her injected to prevent any pups being born as I wasn't comfortable with breeding a litter of cross-breeds.

I note that you wrote if it were up to you then you wouldn't go ahead...are you being cajoled into making the decision to let her have pups?

As I said, you will get people advising you against it and its only because we care about dogs in general and try to be helpful to people that are in a predicament, please don't take anything personally....I would definately advise you to have any pregnancy terminated both for your bitches sake and that of the unborn pups, but at the end of the day it is your decision.

The best of luck with whatever you decide
I understand what your saying you see the Bitch belongs to my mother and i have tried to say i mean she is only small and she has been through alot. How quick must she have the injection?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by LilMissDogLover View Post
I understand what your saying you see the Bitch belongs to my mother and i have tried to say i mean she is only small and she has been through alot. How quick must she have the injection?
I thought I would have to rush my girl up to the vet immediately but you have to wait 24 hours after the mating for the 1st injection and, from memory, it was a couple of days after that they have the 2nd jab.

I do hope you can persuade your mum to make the right decision, sounds like the poor little thing has been through enough, this could easily be a life threatening event.
LilMissDogLover
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:50 PM
i hope so to.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 04:54 PM
this is not a good idea-having puppies from a narrow framed bitch with the sire being a rottie- you know this bitch could die during birth?? is that a risk your mum is willing to take? because i certainly wouldnt! you can get the bitch spayed any time before 30days of preganncy and they will also remove any pups that are there.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >