View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Glad Tiggs is doing better! Hope her recovery continues!
A vet once told me to really cook the rice until it is almost stodge and not rinse it. The starch will protect the gut a bit more.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
Glad Tiggs is doing better! Hope her recovery continues!
A vet once told me to really cook the rice until it is almost stodge and not rinse it. The starch will protect the gut a bit more.
actually...u should overcook it(but drain) as dogs find it hard to break down..i use mashed tatties instead

im also glad Tiggs is feeling better
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tiggs View Post
My poor Tiggs is not well today. Last week I took her to the vets as she had some spots on her chin. The vet gave her some injections and Rilexine 600mg. Her spots have cleared up, however, last night I noticed her stools were very loose and a small amount of blood ( bright red) was in them. This morning it was like all blood and she was sick so I rushed her up to the vets. She has been given two more injections, one of which is an antibiotic, the other an anti-sickness drug. Tiggs has to go back on Monday morning so the vet can keep an eye on her. I am so worried, she is my first dog and I have not had her long at all. Is this a normal side effect of Rilexine?
Yes I will not use it several of my GSDs present and past have reacted severely to this drug, one so bad he was defecating bright red blood and had to go on a course of Cimitidene
Tiggs
New Member!
Female 

21-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Update on Tiggs.
This morning we went to the vets for her check up and she bounced in like she had never been ill. She had her first solid, blood free poo this morning~ I will never underestimate the power of poo!! Although Tiggs is not 100% yet, she has made an amazing recovery so far. The vet has added to her file that she had a reaction to Rilexine, I wouldn't want her to ever have that again. Thank you all so much for your advice, kind words and support.

Kind regards,
Jo and Tiggs. xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2