Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Ca - are you sure you won't need it? Did Star manage to get out of it? Chances are if she couldn't get confy with it Rocky wouldn't be able to either : /

Out of the 3 types I have it was the worst for comfort When Star lay on the floor her head did not reach the carpet which she was not happy about. She never managed to get out of it but could still twist and get to her stitches if she sat a certain way.

I don't think I would use it again so you are welcome to try it on Rocky
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 07:41 AM
A friend had a collar for her dog very similar to the ones in the first pic you showed but it had tabs through which the dog's own collar was threaded so it couldn't slip or be pulled off. It was made of soft padded material & worked well for her dog as she had no problems lying down or sleeping with it on. This was for an op to remove a lump on her chest but I have a feeling that it would not have stopped the dog for getting to wounds/stitches that were lower down on the body.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I use clothing (t-shirts etc) for my dogs as they are large and the doorways are small. They seem to like it, too.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the posts guys.

Ca - I think id Star found it uncomfortable Rocky will too, as they're the same sort of size. Plus I know how much he hated the 'neck brace' collar!

I will see if I can get a fabric type buster collar from the pet shop tomorrow... and will try putting a t-shirt on him as well
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2