View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:05 PM
mother would see child every weekend- but there will be 90 odd miles between parents.
do people think that the dads cope better without the seeing the kids as often as mums, even if before the split time was equally split between the two
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I am sorry I cannot really help with your dilemma but from my personal point of view -
My husband is a brilliant Dad to our son, really hands-on, always there for both of us, but I know I could not live without my son ever. Whatever happened I just could not be without him.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
I am sorry I cannot really help with your dilemma but from my personal point of view -
My husband is a brilliant Dad to our son, really hands-on, always there for both of us, but I know I could not live without my son ever. Whatever happened I just could not be without him.
This sums up my view too
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 06:52 PM
From my perspective i don't think i would be able to cope with it emotionally.

Given the child is 2 obviously it would be less stressful than it would for an older child and would be more accepting of change, although of course they can be very clingy at this age. If the father has had a lot of input with the child then this would be another plus point as the child would not see it as that different to usual.

I did mention it before but has the mum looked into working credits/benefits ? this may put a whole different light on things if it is in her favour.

I think in a lot of families the mother is the main carer and because of this and the fact that she has given birth and nurtured the child she would be more emotionally attached. Fathers also nuture but i think in a different way.
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:27 PM
This is a difficult one. A younger child can, in future years, develop massive attachment issues if they are separated from their mother, but equally so if they miss out on a positive father figure.

The main issues generally start when a child starts school and sees other mums picking their children up, and the child feels 'different'. Despite what people feel, it's generally felt that mums do the traditional mum things. I will say now that this is NOT my view as dads play an equal part in parenting.

If the child sees two loving parents who get on with each other despite their differences, this of course is beneficial to a childs emotional growth. All a child needs to become well balanced apart from the obvious food, is love and warmth from two caring parents.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 07:27 PM
No I would change my job or rather have no job than give up my child, I would rather die than give up my child.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2