View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I use Johnsons Baby Shampoo and a separate conditioner It makes his coat lovely and shiny
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Hylashine shampoo
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sansorrella
it smells just like baby powder and the puppies smell lovely!
thats crazy dog ..the grooming spray smells nice as well ...
bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I use mild baby shampoo on my boy but he does not have sensitive skin and he doesn't get bathed that much - doesn't need it

My last cocker had a lot of skin problems though so I only ever used stuff from the vets

At the risk of sounding controversial at this late hour most shampoos (particularly babies') I would imagine have been tested on animals first anyway so I'm not concerned about using baby shampoo....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by bagoratz
I use mild baby shampoo on my boy but he does not have sensitive skin and he doesn't get bathed that much - doesn't need it

My last cocker had a lot of skin problems though so I only ever used stuff from the vets

At the risk of sounding controversial at this late hour most shampoos (particularly babies') I would imagine have been tested on animals first anyway so I'm not concerned about using baby shampoo....
Hi bagoratz, yes this may be so, products for babies are frequently tested on dogs often with little thought for the dog, so it doesn't follow that they are the best thing to use on a dog as I mentioned above ... http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/sho...5&postcount=12
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2006, 12:35 AM
I use a very mild unperfumed one .Sugar it;s called something with Aloe Vera for dogs and the same conditioner. They dont have "Baths as such" but just a wee hose down and if they roll in something smelly , I use diluted vinegar on that part , rinsed well and shampoo that bit.
Any suggestions for rolling in Dog Channel no Poo?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Scottish Mags
I use a very mild unperfumed one .Sugar it;s called something with Aloe Vera for dogs and the same conditioner. They dont have "Baths as such" but just a wee hose down and if they roll in something smelly , I use diluted vinegar on that part , rinsed well and shampoo that bit.
Any suggestions for rolling in Dog Channel no Poo?
Hi SM for all things dead/poo/smelly.. a can/ bottle/carton of tomato juice rubbed into the coat, left for a few moments then washed out It seems the enzymes in the tomato juice neutralises smells..
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Minnie...Thanks a lot for that . No matter what I use the Channel smell still lingers. I will certainly try that
bagoratz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Hi bagoratz, yes this may be so, products for babies are frequently tested on dogs often with little thought for the dog, so it doesn't follow that they are the best thing to use on a dog as I mentioned above ... http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/sh...55&postcount=12

To visit my Homepage with Mini's Doggy Information, Kennel Maids Tales and Pictures, click on my name above then on 'view public profile'.

Sorry I don't follow? By the way the comment I made was somewhat tongue in cheek - not pro-testing - I am vehemently against animal testing - period
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 09:14 AM
The tomato remedy definately works lol

Mo
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >