Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 06:53 AM

Quick question

Woody's just been sick and is looking abit poorly. I think he ate some dodgy flora and fauna on his morning walk.

Shall I give him his breakfast? It's due now?

He seems abit out of sorts and has wretched abit too?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:03 AM
No I would leave breakfast for today and give him something light like a little chicken and rice or fish and rice when his tummy settles down.
Hope he soon feels better.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 07:04 AM
OK, thanks.

He sicked up a pile of leaves and has since been looking very sad and sort of smacking his lips alot? He wont drink any water either, which is odd?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Keep a close eye on him if he's not drinking. Do the pinch test on the back of his neck to make sure he isn't dehydrated (his skin should fall back down quickly).

Bryan got very dehydrated very quickly when he had colitis about a month ago.

Hope he feels better soon x

P.S. Boiled rice with an egg stirred in is a good thing to give him when he's up to eating.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 10:50 AM
What is it with dogs and leaves! They must be scrummy, as Frankie often vomits up leaves.

I usually give a little scrambled egg mixed with some rice (just a small bowl) if mine are sick. If they keep that down then I give them their usual dinner in a few hours. Sometimes I think they feel awful if they've been sick and are empty, so a little egg and rice is a good idea (to me). It's only if they have diarrhoea that I do the "starving" thing, to give their tummy a rest

Hope handsome chappie is feeling good soon

ETA : I scramble the egg with quite a bit of water, so that gets some fluids down too.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Awww poor Woody, hope your feeling better soon, Keep an eye on him, if your worried then a trip to the vet....more money spent that we have not got at the moment
Do you know what it was he ate? Might be a good idea to check it out on the web to see if it is toxic to dogs.
Elaine xxx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks everyone. We went to the vets this morning anyway so he could have hive stitches out. His temperature is fine and she suggested just feeding him bland food.

Just back for my lunch break and have no sick and one perfectly normal (horrible ;o) puppy!

Will still do bland tonight though to be sure ;o) xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Glad he's better now