Female 

10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh I see. Many thanks Spockky boy.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Miranda Luck View Post
Oh - OK! Thanks! I'll consider myself warned!! I appreciate CM is a 'marmite' situation!
I'd never even heard of this bloke before I joined this forum (his name sounds like a dish on an Italian Restaurant menu! But I too quickly realised he is indeed MARMITE!

I am now reading all the posts and I don't think I even want to search YouTube to see anything he has to offer.

I am however being kept entertained by some of the comments and I DO love to laugh!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I'd never even heard of this bloke before I joined this forum! But I too quickly realised he is indeed MARMITE!
Marmite is nice though... having said that I used to hate it up until 2 years ago!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Marmite is nice though... having said that I used to hate it up until 2 years ago!

My daughter has eaten Marmite every day of her life since she could sit up in a highchair (she is 24 now).

I can take it or leave it but have actually bought myself a jar recently because someone said Marmite will stop mozzies bothering you. I will try ANYTHING to try to stop the hated mozzies biting me!

*not sure if I'm supposed to spoon feed myself it or smear it all over!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2012, 05:03 PM

I am now reading all the posts and I don't think I even want to search YouTube to see anything he has to offer.
!
if you want to form your own views about anyone or anything, the last thing i would do is avoid video evidence and just rely upon comments upon a chat forum.

i would read his books, even watch videos, then read other people's books, study dog behaviour, get some experience with dogs, then think about it all for yourself, comparing and assessing all that you have read, seen, and concluded for and by yourself.

then you will really know why you dont like something (or do, as the case may be)
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
if you want to form your own views about anyone or anything, the last thing i would do is avoid video evidence and just rely upon comments upon a chat forum.

i would read his books, even watch videos, then read other people's books, study dog behaviour, get some experience with dogs, then think about it all for yourself, comparing and assessing all that you have read, seen, and concluded for and by yourself.

then you will really know why you dont like something (or do, as the case may be)
I agree with your sentiment but ... I am really not in the right frame of mind right now (bit physically and mentally kwackered out) to sit through any videos I find upsetting. And I WOULD find them upsetting if I thought animals were being hurt or frightened.

I'm fully aware of the dreadful animal cruelty situation here in Cyprus and I do what I can and always have done. But I still cannot bring myself to watch any of the vids showing taverna staff chucking boiling oil over stray dogs and cats to get rid of them from the premises.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2012, 05:36 PM

I'm fully aware of the dreadful animal cruelty situation here in Cyprus and I do what I can and always have done. But I still cannot bring myself to watch any of the vids showing taverna staff chucking boiling oil over stray dogs and cats to get rid of them from the premises.
No - and you are bright enough to understand that cruelty is cruelty, even if some bloke on the tele says it`s OK.
Unfortunately, many others are not as capable of independent thought as you....
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I agree with your sentiment but ... I am really not in the right frame of mind right now (bit physically and mentally kwackered out) to sit through any videos I find upsetting. And I WOULD find them upsetting if I thought animals were being hurt or frightened.

fair dues to you, though that wasnt quite what i was getting at....i was actually referring to your comment as regards getting your info from this chat forum in lieu of not watching videos. my reply was not about the point of videos per se, i only referred to them amongst a list of sources, whereby one can study and work out things for oneself. personally id read books before watching videos to learn about stuff

its just an observation, which i passed made in reference to finding out about anything. nothing personal.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >