Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 02:31 PM

credit cards..

i dont have one atm - well i do - my mums lol as an emergancy

i need things like now and i can afford to pay it back (i do 18 hours a weeka t work and going to do 30+ cos im on holiday)

so i can afford to pay it back but im unsure how they work - can anyone help?

whats the maximum i can take out on credit? and whats the minumum repayments id ave to make each month on a figure like 500 quid?

thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I have a prepaid credit card so it can be used where evere mastercard is accepted and I just pay money into it like an account (without interest obviously) but you do have to pay a monthly fee for the priviledge but at least I have a card that is accepted all over the world now and you can pay in a maximum of £999 a day upto a maximum on your card of £5,000.
Becky
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Please don't get a card and think of only paying back the minimum. The interest rate is so terribly high that if you don't pay what you use, it very quickly becomes unmanagable.
How about a debit card on your account so you only use what you have, my daughter has this (then uses my card for other stuff and ends up owing me!)
Sorry if I sound pessimistic but you have to be so careful.
hth
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:35 PM
interest with drawing money on a credit card is very high sometimes double than making a purchse on one

if you use a card for purchase;s then shop around if its money withdrawl you want take out an overdraft the interest will very low if you have agreed a sum with your bank
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I'd go the debit card route too. Credit card companies are only there to make money, and you will become another one of their debtors. I know, I have several, and wish I had none......
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:10 PM
ok thanks guys

i think i have a solution to many problems... will do another post and it will become clear lol!!

put it this way - hopefully going uni in sept insead of next sept - so i can gt a student loan instead and or grants - which id ton pay back at all/over 15 grand a year

so i can gt my wanted car lol

i think i was having an "omg i have no money" day

thanks i wont do anything stupid