Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 12:43 PM

What kind of digital camera do you use?

My old camera is dying (taking ages to come on, photo quality getting worse) and VERY OLD and not good anyway so I have ordered an inexpensive, but far better camera to replace it. Will be here soon. Didn't have hundreds of bucks to throw at it, but I'll make it work.

I'm actually a decent photographer (not good, decent) IF I have a good camera and I have grown weary of 40% fuzzy/blurry pics, 30% grainy pics, 10% dark pics, 10% black pics because the lens malfunctioned, 5% over flashed pics and 5% halfway decent pics.

Wish to change those ratios a bit . I was just interested in what kinds of digital cameras people use, how into photography people are, and how satisfied they are with their current cameras. Any replies are welcome.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I have a Sony aslr a200 and it's fab, but bulky to carry around and I've got various telescopic lenses,also heavy and bulky to cart about, but I'm quite into photography so this suits me cos I'm not a snap happy person, I only get the camera out for something interesting, if that makes sense?

dave's got the new I-pad and wow, you just hold it up to what you want and you get full screen view, it's fab, so you could kill 2 birds with one stone there and get the new I-pad maybe?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2014, 12:57 PM
I have a little panasonic lumix which fits in my jeans pockets for out on walks, it's probably about 10 years old now. Home stuff I use a Canon 550D I think, cost an arm and a leg a few years ago but gold prices were through the roof at the time so I flogged all my broken ear rings, bracelets and neck chain which produced a shocking £900 which astounded me cos it was all broken and nothing special. I was more than happy to get rid of it and buy the camera.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 01:20 PM
I was considering the Lumix, Trouble, but decided against it as I have never had a Panasonic product before and tend to stick with the same brands once I like them.

My previous camera that was dropped and broken was a Nikon Coolpix S9700 and I loved it. Was so upset when it fell down the stairs and broke. The Canon 550 is about $1000! Goodness!

This current one I have is a Kodak Easyshare M550 which is about 15746394 years old now and sells for about $150 but really was not super cheap when purchased. Not worth it, is 12 MP but takes photos like a Vivitar.

My favorite "old" camera was my beloved Sanyo s770. Had it for ages until it finally broke. Seriously I'm surprised sometimes at how little price has to do with quality when it comes to camera.

It's oftentimes more of "know how" than anything else.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Best camera I had was a Canon. I upgraded to an Easyshare and wasn't impressed with it. Then on to a Sony Cyber shot. (wanted small enough for even jeans pocket but takes rubbish night time pics)

But as I haven't used a camera since getting Android phones, not worth upgrading. I won't take it out. I take my phone everywhere. When I upgrade my phone I will look more closely at what the camera is like.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Glad to see there is someone else immensely unimpressed with the EasyShare series. It's a bad series all the way through. From the cameras to the annoying software.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 02:09 PM
was given an easyshare way back and it was fine. died alas

needing a camera and as always very short of money got the cheapest argos sells and it is fine for my needs. cost including card and batteries was around E40

the photos i put up here eg of the feral.and the scenery are taken with it.

vivitar
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't have any extra money either. Rosebud we have a lot in common

Vivitar products are indeed garbage though. I got one and it was $40 purely wasted and is sitting on the shelf now covered in dust. Been used only a tiny bit, don't know if it works or not now TBH.

The camera I just bought was about $100 (on sale) and is a GE "mock SLR" so surely it will be bulky cheap crap, but this one I currently have is on it's last leg, I can kinda tell. I'll make it work.

Most cameras can perform decently in full sunlight so I think I'll be all right.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I like the Panasonic Lumix as well. My little one (that I took the vid I've just posted) is a T73. It's small enough to live in my dog walking bag in case I see anything interesting while I'm out. I've got another one as well a FZ62 bridge camera. That's for when I go anywhere proper.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Glad to see there is someone else immensely unimpressed with the EasyShare series. It's a bad series all the way through. From the cameras to the annoying software.
Don't even mention that dratted software. It used to hang my XP up. I did away with using it and went straight for direct connection cam to lappy. Still now if you google Easyshare software problem or just Easyshare software is a pain (lol) you will get zillions of results!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >