Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KerryGreyhounds
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-09-2010, 09:49 PM

Fly ~ Gorgeous Little Dote - 1-2yo Fawn Lurcher

FLY

Fly is a little lurcher who is 1-2 years old and was picked up as a stray. She is most likely a greyhound/whippet mix with perhaps a hint of saluki in there too. Fly has a gorgeous, soft fawn coat and a very pretty face with eyes that are guaranteed to melt your heart! She is quite petite and is smaller than she looks in this photo, being between a whippet and greyhound in size.

Fly is an absolute dote, and everybody in the kennels has fallen for her. She is a dream to walk on the lead, in fact one volunteer remarked that Fly is so quiet on her walk you would forget that she was there. She is affectionate and calm in nature and really loves being around people. So much, in fact, that she scaled her kennel wall with alarming ease so she could follow the kennel staff in to the house!

Due to her springboard abilities, Fly will need a completely secure garden with a high fence and perhaps an overhang as well. She is likely to not do well being left completely alone, so it would be much better if she could go to a home with another dog (or several!) already present to keep her company during the day. She mixes very well with the other greyhounds in our kennels, and has been good with all the dogs she has met so far. Fly has not been tested with cats, but it is likely that she is not cat friendly.

Fly has not been in a home environment before, so new owners will need to be a bit patient during the first couple of weeks and allow her time to settle in and learn the home rules.

**UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2010**

Dear little Fly has surprised us all by giving birth to a litter of 5 puppies! Amazingly she didn’t show any signs of being pregnant at all until about 2 days before she have birth. All 5 pups are healthy and happy and we are waiting to see what they will turn out like as we have no idea who the father was.

Fly has now been rushed in to a foster home where she can curl up nice and warm with her puppies and keep them safe. We will update her progress soon and let you know how she is doing.

Fly is in foster care in Ireland, and can be transported via Kerry Greyhounds to the UK or Europe if a suitable home offer comes up. This will be organised and paid for by Kerry Greyhounds, and we ask only for a donation to help cover costs. Adopters will need to travel to our nearest collection point, however. She is neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd and wormed and a homecheck will be required as part of the adoption procedure.

If you are interested in fostering or adopting this gorgeous girl, please email me for our adoption application form and information pack. As Fly is such a dainty hound she will be high demand, so if this girl captures your heart please act fast or you may be disappointed!

~~ KERRY GREYHOUND CONNECTION ~~

Kerry Greyhound Connection is a small voluntary organisation based in County Kerry, Ireland and Norfolk, England and operates through a network of volunteers. We can look after approximately 70 greyhounds at any one time, in Ireland and the UK.

Each dog is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, and given a full veterinary check before being adopted.
We assess the suitability of all home offers, and we have homed greyhounds in Ireland, the UK, Central Europe and the USA.

If interested in one of our hounds, please EMAIL or PM me for our adoption application form and information pack. Once you have filled in and returned the application form, we will then telephone you to discuss adopting one of our hounds in more detail.

Thank you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 10:42 PM
She is absolutely adoreable.......I wish her a speedy New forever home Im sure she will get it too xxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 08:09 AM
What a stunning girl ...... who could abandon such a divine creature? It's beyond me, it really is.

Bless you Fly, I hope your new forever home is just around the corner....... x0x0x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh my....I've died and gone to heaven!! She is lush!!
Closed Thread