View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 06:55 PM

What does necrotic tissue look like please?

I am worried yet again

The skin around the wound left by Jimmi's abscess being lanced is beginning to turn very pale.

Is this normal?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 06:57 PM
When the skin on Jamie's tail died, it went black and then slipped off Not sure about pale skin tho...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Thank you for that - (not that I am pleased about Jamie's tail ).

The skin around the wound with Jimmi looks like skin does after it has been under a plaster for a long time. His has been open to the air though.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Piccy perhaps???

Are you thinking it's gone dead then Sally? I'd rather pale than red though any day, or as Claire has said, black isn't good either!

I had a very bad psoriases attack on the instep of my foot which went on for a couple of years, really bad. Ever since then, after it all healed up, it's left me with a white circle, which never turns brown, and doesn't look the same as my other skin on top of my foot? Any help? It's just a very pale area left?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:17 PM
As H said, Jamie's tail skin went hot and red, then black as it died... Is it cold/hot to the touch or normal?
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:21 PM
When Suzi's skin died it went very dark then black and smelled horrendous.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Necrotic tissue is black. Pre necrosing tissue can go pale beforehand. It when the blood supply fails...hence why it goes pale. It eventually dies.
But pale tissue can also mean the the infection is getting better. You need it reviewing by the vet nurses. They will be able to tell you if it's healthy or not and advise you as to whether you need to see a vet or not.
Just out of a matter of interest...who mentioned the word necrosis to you? I'm just interested.
KatieSmith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Necrotising tissue goes red and infected and then black; my dad got Necrotising Fascitis and it is etched on my brain how awful it looks. It wouldn't hurt to check but hopefully it is just the skin healing up. I hope so.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Piccy perhaps???

Are you thinking it's gone dead then Sally? I'd rather pale than red though any day, or as Claire has said, black isn't good either!

I had a very bad psoriases attack on the instep of my foot which went on for a couple of years, really bad. Ever since then, after it all healed up, it's left me with a white circle, which never turns brown, and doesn't look the same as my other skin on top of my foot? Any help? It's just a very pale area left?
The digit on the paw is redder than normal but not horrendous.........will try to get a pick now, so bear with me.

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
As H said, Jamie's tail skin went hot and red, then black as it died... Is it cold/hot to the touch or normal?
It feels more or less normal.

Originally Posted by LittleMonkies View Post
When Suzi's skin died it went very dark then black and smelled horrendous.
No smell, and just looks like skin that has been under a plaster.
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Necrotic tissue is black. Pre necrosing tissue can go pale beforehand. It when the blood supply fails...hence why it goes pale. It eventually dies.
But pale tissue can also mean the the infection is getting better. You need it reviewing by the vet nurses. They will be able to tell you if it's healthy or not and advise you as to whether you need to see a vet or not.
Just out of a matter of interest...who mentioned the word necrosis to you? I'm just interested.
Yes - you are voicing what I was wondering. I used to be a vet nurse...........but it was over 40 years ago!!! Some things stay in my brain, and necrosis is one of them although sadly I cannot recall any images.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:56 PM

Not sure if this shows it properly - will try another one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >