Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Ooh that's great to know about the broadband, thank you! The land where it is is very flat, there was also a sky dish on the end of the house?

Yeah i'm sure there's a couple of networks that get a good signal, it's easy enough to change over
I think sky works about anywhere! I've it it at my house and phone and broadband with bt! My mobile is vodafone and oh is O2, generally my signal is better than his!

You could ask the farmers permission to walk in any fields that are empty, I've found most farmers can be quite accomodating!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks misty pup

Ok, so we're both vegetarians and now we're worrying about the welfare of the pigs. Factory farmed i'm guessing, hence no smell, that's why the farmer only visits once a week?! The pigs always kept in the barn, oh dammit!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Also, if you do move there, the best place for food shopping is Tesco in Catterick, not far from the Army base! There's a Tesco in Northallerton, but it's not as big and doesn't have as much choice as Catterick!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Also, if you do move there, the best place for food shopping is Tesco in Catterick, not far from the Army base! There's a Tesco in Northallerton, but it's not as big and doesn't have as much choice as Catterick!
oh thats great to know, thank you, we viewed a house in Hunton today and she said the same thing!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 09:35 PM
oh thats great to know, thank you, we viewed a house in Hunton today and she said the same thing!
After going to the thirsk Tesco, then the Northallerton Tesco and still not being 100% happy with either stores, the keeper OH worked with finally told us about Catterick!
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2012, 09:36 PM
in this weather we have been having most dairy cows would be out in the day and beef cows wont be out yet but they dont smell as much anyway
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Blimey that's right on my doorstep, I worked at the Friarage until recently!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Re broadband - if it is something you really need, I would definitely check. We are only 10 miles from a city and can't get it. However, we do have satellite broadband which is fine, but a bit dearer.

Good luck with everything! I was only joking about the moaning

Helen
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Northallerton has a morrisons and an adsa too, blimey

I got my hubby to do an online broadband availability search thing and he said it was good, there was a fair few providers, also, mobile network coverage is really good for a few different networks.

I've slept on it and i really love it. We're heading over for the weekend and was hoping to get another couple of viewings booked for saturday but really struggling to find suitable houses that allow dogs, so haven't got a single other house lined up to view, eek!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Northallerton has a morrisons and an adsa too, blimey

I got my hubby to do an online broadband availability search thing and he said it was good, there was a fair few providers, also, mobile network coverage is really good for a few different networks.

I've slept on it and i really love it. We're heading over for the weekend and was hoping to get another couple of viewings booked for saturday but really struggling to find suitable houses that allow dogs, so haven't got a single other house lined up to view, eek!
Don't get your hopes up, they're only tiny and parking on Northallerton highstreet can be horrendous so Morrisons might be worth a miss tbh.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >