Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-02-2013, 10:05 PM

Storm – male Utonagan

Storm is a 6 year old male Utonagan. For anyone who doesn’t know the Utonagan wolf like breed, they originate from the UK and were developed by crossing Alaskan Malamute Husky and German Shepherd Dog. They have a fabulous temperament and are friendly easy going and very, very affectionate.They can be destructive if left alone for long periods and can also be escape artists – so you will need a very secure garden.They are extremely intelligent dogs, and welcome everyone into the home.They do howl and can be very vocal, woo-wooing their opinion to all and sundry.They are a large, excitable and boisterous, but they are the perfect family dog. Storm is neutered and weighs in at around 33 kg.

He loves other dogs and meets them well inside and outside the house with a bark – he cannot be rehomed with cats as he does have a tendency to want to chase them when he is on a walk. He is a very well-mannered dog and knows all the necessary commands, sit, come etc. Storm is very intelligent and can even open doors! He is good with his food and is happy to share his grub and his toys. Storm is a gentle giant who loves a fuss, has perfect manners and is a real gent. Her loves his walks and needs plenty of them – so anyone who is considering adopting this guy needs to remember he loves being around people, doesn’t like being left for longer than a few hours and will need grooming daily. Storm is in Foster in Lincolnshire

Team Ilbrey K9 Partners
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2013, 10:15 PM
6 years old you say? I will ask about and see who could have bred him, he does look very similar to Mabs doesn't he, got a feeling he may have come from someone who isn't breeding anymore, particularly because he is small for a Utonagan, the girls weigh in at around 40 odd kg and the males are usually bigger than that, although there is a line that tends to be on the lightweight side,which is what is making me think he is from there. Deffo got Sulin in him, can tell by the face!!!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
6 years old you say? I will ask about and see who could have bred him, he does look very similar to Mabs doesn't he, got a feeling he may have come from someone who isn't breeding anymore, particularly because he is small for a Utonagan, the girls weigh in at around 40 odd kg and the males are usually bigger than that, although there is a line that tends to be on the lightweight side,which is what is making me think he is from there. Deffo got Sulin in him, can tell by the face!!!
Dont you want another one June? Now that some of the babies have gone I'm sure you've got the room
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2013, 10:24 PM

runs away........
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 10:26 PM

runs away........
Just a thought
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Loki only weighs 34.5 kilos, if that helps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2013, 10:29 PM
I know.......4 is the max I can cope with and that is only because the big girls are fairly reliable now, you could easily take another one on come to think of it, plenty of room on your couch
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah its the Redkite line that is the lighter boned ones, so it says to me there is Sulin in the background but Redkite/Blustag in the foreground, then again I have had a couple of puppies that haven't made the weight my girls are because their dad is Redkite lines and my girls father is Redkite as well, although he is quite a heavy boy and not the usual finer boned Redkite type. Kofie is only 25kg for instance, which is why she does so well at flyball (when she puts her mind to it) she is doing the course in something around 5 seconds apparently Look at the difference between Sasha and Keshi from Cariad's recent litter, Sasha has thrown to Redkite and Keshi has thrown to Sulin
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Has there been any luck with Storm?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't rule out Tawneywolf - after all they DID look in on the thread! lol!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >