View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Oooh could you do me one of my dogs? They're fantastic!

I love Isiah (sp) I love your TM needle felt though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Very good, I would love to have a go at this.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Very good, I would love to have a go at this.
Go for it!! it is so easy to get started - a needle and some fleece

I have a tutorial in my blog if you are interested
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post

I would like to have a go too but I'm not very artistic The Tilly mini me you made for me is so detailed & I was fascinated to hear that MarchHound made one from real dog fur

(Runs to sweep up at the dog groomers )
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Very good! I also would like to give it a go but it's finding the time!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:57 AM

I LOVE your website and work! I've bookmarked it for reference as I've done an armature and started to felt over it in the hope it will turn out doglike.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you for everybody's lovely comments.

And I'd say to anybody wanting to have a try. It's very quick. Isiah came together in about 3 hours over two evenings. As for artistic ability, the only difference between someone with artistic 'talent' and feeling you have none is practise and keeping your mind open to possibilities.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I would like to have a go too but I'm not very artistic The Tilly mini me you made for me is so detailed & I was fascinated to hear that MarchHound made one from real dog fur

(Runs to sweep up at the dog groomers )
Yes you can use most natural fibers. I just got into using baby alpacca - it is LOVELY and I have made a few with real fur added,

Just found my first ever needle felts just so you can all see how much better you all are than I was

a little different to what I can manage with a little practise - but nowhere near as good as some of the experts in this artform

Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes you can use most natural fibers. I just got into using baby alpacca - it is LOVELY and I have made a few with real fur added,

Just found my first ever needle felts just so you can all see how much better you all are than I was

a little different to what I can manage with a little practise - but nowhere near as good as some of the experts in this artform

oh wow they are brilliant, the first ones too
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Your first doglet are fantastic! A miniature schnauzer and a papillon - see, I can even tell what breeds they are so they can't be that bad.

The orang utan baby is fab. Love this woman's dog portraits http://www.kaysk9s.com/dogs.htm. And this is what I want to be able to make. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4103056...n/photostream/

I must have another go, but I've got waylaid by a teddy bear I've been making for at least the last 3 years. I cut his head out and never got round to doing it. But now he has a head. It's a flipping learning curve! I've already made mistakes like stuffing his head them buying some plastic eyes (all I could get locally) without thinking I'd have to unstuff the head to fit them. I've now found the orange beads I originally was going to use and they'll have to do. Then there was cutting the fur for the ears with the pile lying the wrong way and getting the nose gusset slightly wonky on the nose. I wonder what exciting cock ups the body and limbs will present me with. And I've decided to joint him by using snap fasteners as an experiment. Good job I used an old cushion rather than mohair.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >