Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 02:53 PM

kelp to make your hair grow???

about 5 months ago i had my head shaved for charity,i should have done a bungee jump but due to my medical state the surgeon said no as i would end up back in hospital my next idea was to get my head shaved raised loads of money and my hair is now about 2" long i am getting impatient waiting for it to grow back (it is taking forever ) and my friend said that they heard kelp tablets would make your hair grow faster anybody know if this is true.i am that desperate for hair i have even looked at wigs well at least the charity got plenty of money
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Photos please! No, seriously.There is a supplement called hair, nails .... and something else ,that is supposed to make hair grow. Hope it grows ok! If it works let me know, I am trying to grow my hair and it must be the slowest growing in history! People at work have grown thiers long and had it cut in the time that I have grown a bob!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 03:35 PM
My hair all fell out during chemo....I asked lots of people, and everyone said there is nothing to take to make it grow back quicker!!

Mine is below my shoulders now, and has taken 2 years to grow back to this length
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Well I use sea Kelp tablets on my dogs, keeps their coats in lovely condition not sure it actually makes it grow any faster though
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2005, 03:50 PM
it will grow takes a bit of time i done the same thing looked good and the girls liked it you donīt need tablets it will grow on itīs own
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi Griff

Hair growth is a good indicator of how well someone is - usually those who are suffering from an illness the hair will take longer to grow. Vitamins can in some cases aid growth, and or condition of the hair

If your body is in good health, you can maximize your genetic growth cycle through taking the proper blend of amino acids and B-vitamins, this includes B-6, biotin, inositol and folic acid. Certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also very important toward maintaining healthy hair. Beta-carotene is also essential to hair growth. Beta-carotene is found in green and yellow vegetables and fruits.

I would recommend that you seek medical advice before taking any form of vitamin supplement.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 05:06 PM
thanks for the replies everyone glad the girls liked your hair fred,trouble is i'm a girl and although my boyfriend doesn't care how short it is i do vain or what hope you are on the way back to full health now hevvur i will look into the hair and nail supplement as i am vegetarian and don't eat any of the pulses or tofu and stuff that vegetarians are suposed too i will ask my dr about it and no doubt he will roar with laughter he creased up when he saw me 2 days after shaving my hair,shame i couldn't have charged everyone who laughed
here you go miss potter,feel free to laugh at my expense(didn't realise it would go pillarbox red makes it look a bit longer though )

aren't i a good sport,shaving my head and then dyeing it this bl**dy colour
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Logically yes Kelp contains natural iodine (and many trace elements) which is supposed to be good for hair and nails so yes it could make it health and strong and therefore aid growth.
I love the hair Griff it looks great...
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2005, 08:33 PM
my boyfriend fell about laughing andwhen i said i needed to dye it black he made me walk into boots with bright red hair to get it myself i now have short black hair(really didn't like the red i looked like a match )
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by griff
thanks for the replies everyone glad the girls liked your hair fred,trouble is i'm a girl and although my boyfriend doesn't care how short it is i do vain or what hope you are on the way back to full health now hevvur i will look into the hair and nail supplement as i am vegetarian and don't eat any of the pulses or tofu and stuff that vegetarians are suposed too i will ask my dr about it and no doubt he will roar with laughter he creased up when he saw me 2 days after shaving my hair,shame i couldn't have charged everyone who laughed
here you go miss potter,feel free to laugh at my expense(didn't realise it would go pillarbox red makes it look a bit longer though )

aren't i a good sport,shaving my head and then dyeing it this bl**dy colour
Cool
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >