Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
that made me laugh. Shamus looks like an over-stuffed sofa. Our dogs are becoming furniture!
We can all go on a diet together to get in shape for the bikini season which is looming!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I had to cut Loki's food down to 1% of his body weight. Any more and he put weight on. It's tricky when the dogs have different requirements. At the moment I struggle to get weight on Rio and she always looks like a cruelty case. I'd try feeding things like chicken and turkey instead of lamb and tripe, and you could always bulk it out with some pasta and veg to make them feel full.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
We can all go on a diet together to get in shape for the bikini season which is looming!
not for me it`s not
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
not for me it`s not

No nor me really. Shorts and T-shirt is as bare as I dare on a beach these days!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I think it is really hard as I thought that Parker was just furry but when he came back from the groomers last week I realised it was fat not fur!!

He now weighs 16.5 kg and was 15.85 last year- I know it is not a lot but I want to keep him at the right weight. What makes it harder as that Cherry my female is smaller but gets fed more-must have a fast metabolism.

I am blaming those Nina Ottenson board games we bought them for Christmas- too many treats! Fortunately they really like fruit so can have apples, satsumas and melon, also carrots.

As it should be getting lighter at nights soon you can always give them an extra walk too.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Well I bought a smaller bowl for my dog! I had to make his portions smaller as he gets loads of training treats and as he can eat for Europe I'm careful not to overfeed - so smaller bowl worked for me. He gets one chicken wing for breakfast or dinner a couple of times a week, I also add a bit of mince or tripe to his food and I reduce his wet food/kibble big time. We'll be going completely raw soon so I hope that works for us again.
And he's fit as a fiddle!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2