Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Best poo bags?

I was just picking up a poo...as ya do...and was thinking about poo bags. We have used allsorts...from the Pedigree very expensive scented ones, to blue stripe nappy sacks fromvarious shops (you know the ones where you have to use 4 at a time for some poos...)
Anyway my current favs come on a roll and are lovely and thick and BIG and you tie a knot in the top , no handles or anything. They are from IKEA and are really quite cheap too. My fav poo bags ever.

What sort do other people use?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
usually bob martins. They are thick and deep and I've never had a problem with them.

Others I've tried have been wider and less deep - have had a few mishaps with those..yuck.

Keep meaning to go green but for a reasonable price you have to buy in bulk and i've heard that they disintegrate after awhile (before use).
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
usually bob martins. They are thick and deep and I've never had a problem with them.

Others I've tried have been wider and less deep - have had a few mishaps with those..yuck.

Keep meaning to go green but for a reasonable price you have to buy in bulk and i've heard that they disintegrate after awhile (before use).
Yes I'd like to go green too...but they are jolly expensive! A friend uses them if she is out in the countryside and there are no poo bins...she just leaves the 'green' poo bag...not sure what I think of that to be honest.
ETA The IKEA ones are thick and deep...and I love the fact that they are ona roll so you take the roll and pull one off as you need one....gone are the days of pulling a tissue from my pocket in work and loads of poo bags falling out!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:23 PM
We use Tesco value nappy bags, and they manage all but the worst sloppy poo.

The boys don't poo in one place (it's either a circle or a line) and I can manage to pick up the whole poo in one bag.

OK, so that was probably TMI!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

The boys don't poo in one place (it's either a circle or a line) and I can manage to pick up the whole poo in one bag.

Tango does a steamy heap...Cosmo does a line, or sometimes a cricel as he likes to start to eat it before he has finished doing it!!!!!!! I am rubbish with the value bags, I have to double them up or I end up with it all over my fingers....
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

Stupid I know - I can cope with seeing the poo on the ground, with picking up in a bag and happily carrying it around with me....but I can't stand it if you can see what is in the bag! When I've used nappy bags I've had to take a carrybag as well so that I couldn't see what I was carrying

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Tango does a steamy heap...Cosmo does a line, or sometimes a cricel as he likes to start to eat it before he has finished doing it!!!!!!! I am rubbish with the value bags, I have to double them up or I end up with it all over my fingers....

Me too
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I like the PaH ones best. They're reasonably priced, usually on offer, thick, opaque (!!) and easy to tie up.

We've tried the Bob Martin (in fact currently have a batch as that's all there was) but they stick together so well that you have to licks your fingers to get it open, not good when you have a treasure trail pooper who does about 4 or 5 on each walk! Ewwwww.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Tesco food bags.
Small size for a smaller dog
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Tesco food bags.
Small size for a smaller dog
ah the joy of a smaller dog...smaller poops....
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I get the ones from Wilkinsons normally if I am passing. I think they are 99p for 50 or something like that, maroon coloured and super strong!

Oh dear, I feel very loser-like discussing my favourite poo bags.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »