Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 08:13 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 21 December

Good morning everyone, hope I am not doubling with anyone as I am late on this morning. Shortest day today!
I expect it will take a few days for us to notice any difference in lighter mornings or evenings.

Harvey, glad Casey has his kennel back. He missed it.

Griff, what are you doing to yourself to make your bloods so up and down.

Lyn, I do not envy you your situation with Joel and Mark. I guess it will all get sorted when he sees how much it upsets you.

June, looks like you'll have plenty of bones then for Christmas.

LG. Like that expression old comfy slippers. I am glad Gypsy's foot is recovering slowly.

Mandy, Brenda, Sue, Barry, Norma, jenny and Brian. hope you are all ok.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Morning Moyra, no idea what i have been doing...they will sort me out though!! had no sleep poor deags has whinged the whole night....she hasn't eaten or drunk since coming home from the vets am very very concerned, she has lost a kilo in 2 weeks as well, she was vaccinated 2 weeks back, hae to wait 10 minutes and then ring for ash or conor
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.

Very wet and grey here again. Yes shortest day looking forward to the evenings and mornings becoming lighter again.

griff do hope Deags is alright what a worry.

Mark had apologised by phone yesterday when we messaged each other. I told him he had hurt my feelings and he apologised for misinterpreting my wording of a word with Joel maybe not the best phrase.
I get he doesn't want him to feel everyone is getting at him as he is definitely here for christmas day first time in 12 years he has been allowed to be with us on christmas day.
Mark had a call to him last night and has decided to go to Essex christmas eve for his meal out with Laurens family christmas day. Joel will be fine with us and Michael and brother Michael and Margaret in the afternoon.
He will be with us the whole christmas holiday.
Mark has also given up smoking in the hopes to stop Joel who has started and is pinching Donna's cigarettes, that isn't helping his mood either.
So back on track and hopefully no more surprises on the horizon.
I need a break now.

Do hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone.
griff, I hope you manage to sort Deags out, poor thing.
Lynn, I hope that at last your life is getting back on track and that everyone will have the Christmas spirit for the holidays.
Very dark again here this morning but as Moyra says it's the shortest day so things can only get better
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2016, 09:17 AM
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?"

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?" she asked.

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews, and the Muslims."

"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."

"I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."

And finally "I pray that everyone will be happy".

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a Brick wall!"
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Just a quick one to keep you updated.....spoke to conor, they think she has pancreatitis, as she isn't eating or drinking i have to to her in to be admitted and put on a drip
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed Deans is ok and will soon be back home and her old self again. Gentle hugs from Teazle

Do hope you have a quiet Christmas Lynn. Get the men to do the washing up and I am sure Joel will enjoy himself with you and hopefully go back to Essex with a lot to think about regarding his actions and his future.

Moyra and Nippy hope you have a good day.

Dull and now drizzling here. Nothing planned will no doubt tidy a few kitchen cupboards to save me later.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Oh Griff,poor Deags no wonder she has cried all night. Hoping once she gets the right treatment, she'll be back home quickly You must be worried sick, lots of hugs.
Very dark here this morning and heavy rain forecast. I had planned on getting 3 of them on the river for a run round, but that idea is a no go if the rain hits. Giving it a while longer so their breakfast goes down and will see what its like then.
I'll get my tip trip done a day early if the rain comes in, to tomorrows forecast to be dry and will get them on the river then. Friday is going to be horrendous apparently, won't be going anywhere much
Smoking is not good Lynn, hate the smell of it. Someone came near me in a shop the other day and it knocked me sick.
Hoping everything gets back on track for you very soon
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Griff, do hope Deags is going to be ok. No wonder she was crying all night, bless her. Lets hope they get her right quickly.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2016, 10:20 AM
June, I used to smoke 60 a day but packed up 16 years ago. Now I hate it but Steve still smokes. If he smokes green then he goes out under the gazebos. But he wont give it up!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >