View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Mothership - Yeah homes lined up, all good friends of ours. I'm not sure if I am sticking around. I havent really recieved the best of welcomes. People seem very judgemental and opinionated even though I have described my situation. I came on here because I thought people would welcome me and give me advice. Its a site for dog lovers which I am. There are some people on here who haven given me lots of help and I thank them.

Joedee - Thanks, we shall see. Have heard that a few times. Wait till they grow up and we can make a guess lol.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
How long have you had her are you sure that she wasnt preg when you got her?
If i am one of them who has put you off Dogsey i am sorry, to be honest you rubbed me up the wrong way when i heard you put your other dog into rescue and then i heard about this little bitch who seems to have had a bad start in life.
But we all make mistakes and no one is perfect, least of all me!
I am sure you love her, she looks a sweetie, and that you will do your best for her so i hope there is no hard feelings between us and you do stick around.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Please stay, I know some members come across as judgmental and lots are definitely opinionated but really everyone has the welfare of Mimi and the pups at heart the only trouble is owners feelings come a long way second!! But as you said you've have had lots of help as well...

To be honest Mimi's story did come out in bits so some posters jumped to conclusions before they knew the whole story. Everyone deserves a second chance.

You must stay and you will get used to our ways, pretty please?

By the way have you decided on a name for your pup?
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
My girlfriend has had Mimi for over two years. She gave her a much better life than she had. My dog was not put into rescue by me but my father. I had no say in the situation at all and didnt want her to go.

Mimi is a healthy girl with a lovely temperament and I love her to pieces. Being called careless and having general ciritical posts directed towards me has changed my view of this forum. I came on here so I could help give the puppies the best start in life and along with the help I recieved from others I have recieved borderline nasty posts from people that make me want to leave the forum.
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Mothership - I am really quite upset. Mimi is the healthiest, she has ever been. She was rescued from a horrible breeder and people keep saying we are putting her through stress again. We are not! It was an accident. She is really content atm. Happier than she has ever been. I understand the crossbreeding shocks people but it was an accident and no-one seems to be giving me a break.

My dog was going to be called Shadow. But I have now got the multicoloured one in the photo. She is going to be named Esky, after a good friend of mine.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Good luck with the pups - it will be really interesting to see what they grow up like.
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you Tassle.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
You're going to name your dog after a friend? How does your friend feel about that?? Seriously, cute name and I don't know why but it some how seems to fit...

OK, brace yourself, the next question people will be asking is why your gf didn't get Mimi spayed already as a bitch that has been overbred shouldn't have more pups, even if she's a great Mum. Dogsey does want to be the gold standard in promoting dog welfare so any breeding is examined minutely. Don't take it personally, work on developing a thick skin and it will be worth your while to stick with us - just ask CheekyChihuahua she was really put through the mill when she first posted about breeding her Chis' but I think she will agree with me that she is happy she stuck around.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I've pm'd you Tom. Like I said in my pm, there are some wonderful people on here. It's like everything in life, you have to take the rough with the smooth, the good with the bad, the sweet with the sour...................I could go on all bl@@dy day....................haha and then there's the housework to do, another nasty part of life - lol

Don't leave Dogsey Tom, we need to see those gorgeous pups turn into lovely dogs! You'll soon find out who is friend and who is foe and you can act accordingly towards them*Cheeky smiles* - I hate posting on these blogs where there's no smilies to add *Cheeky groans*
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
See, there's Cheeky now!

P.S. I've just found out that if you edit your post after you've posted it you get the option to do smilies etc

And now I must really go to Tesco's -groan

Catch you all later....
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >