Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Doggy halloween game ideas needed???

Hi,

I am going along with the thought that 2 heads are better than one...not sure how many members are on here but that must be even better than 2 heads!!!

I run a doggy day care centre and on the Friday before Halloween we are having a Halloween Party

We treat all our dogs as individuals and are understanding of needs and wants....so nothing would be forced onto them. It is all for a bit of fun and to give them a change to their routine.

I thought of doing some sort of bobbing game...just not for whole apples obviously. But after that I am a bit stuck for games that dogs would enjoy.

Any help appreciated....I will post photos of them all on here afterwards
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
How about bobbing for bonios?
You could carve out pumpkins and fill with treats?
Wind up spiders, dogs love them!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
what about hide the treat kind of games? Ours love 'hide the sausages' game around our house, they go mad! x
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I had some friends round for dinner one hallowe'en & i hollowed out a pumpkin & put tea lights for decoration. After they'd gone out I let the dog I had at the time have the pumpkin. He was absolutely delighted. First it was a football, then he chewed out some of the flesh, then the cut off top became a frizbee

As for bobbing for things, I know for a fact that gravy bones float!!! But we found out sausages don't

Also it depends on how much mess you want but there's also the pick a "treat" out of a bowl of flour game ~ but play it before the water game otherwise you'll end up with lots of dogs with dough stuck to their faces

Have fun!!
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
How about bobbing for bonios?
You could carve out pumpkins and fill with treats?
Wind up spiders, dogs love them!
I like the bonio idea I saw on one website that hot dog slices float....but wasn't sure about feeding them hot dogs, especially when we have to care for them for the rest of the day

I will have to look up some wind up spiders, I had not thought of anything like that...should keep them busy!
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
what about hide the treat kind of games? Ours love 'hide the sausages' game around our house, they go mad! x
We already do something a bit like this...but I am wondering if there is any way of making it more halloweeny...might need to look into making some dog friendly biscuits and decorate them Any recipe ideas???
moreforpaws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I had some friends round for dinner one hallowe'en & i hollowed out a pumpkin & put tea lights for decoration. After they'd gone out I let the dog I had at the time have the pumpkin. He was absolutely delighted. First it was a football, then he chewed out some of the flesh, then the cut off top became a frizbee

As for bobbing for things, I know for a fact that gravy bones float!!! But we found out sausages don't

Also it depends on how much mess you want but there's also the pick a "treat" out of a bowl of flour game ~ but play it before the water game otherwise you'll end up with lots of dogs with dough stuck to their faces

Have fun!!
Your dough advice made me laugh!!!

I think i will get some gravy bones in, as I think the bonios might just absorb all the water and go mushy

Will have a think about the flour idea....as you say there is a lot of mess involved. The dogs have a ball pool there and their FAVOURITE game at the moment is finding treats we hide in there....so i am sure they would love the "find it" game!