Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2016, 07:34 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 13th December

Good morning everyone.

Lynn, glad you got a spare car sorted and all is going ok.

June, the mind boggles at what the news can be! Glad you got the wardrobe emptied.

LG, safe journey down to Wales, have a nice time and see you back Thursday night.

Jenny hope your washing machine turns up ok.

Griff, is the ceiling painted now? Hope you are feeling better.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 08:50 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Thank you Moyra it helps having the car while Gorden has mine. Doubt I would get Dillon in it but Mark would let us use his van if needed.
Also saves a job Friday first day of Gorden's holiday.

Safe journey for yourself and the mem LG.
Lovely to be taking Shiloh to the party griff.

Mark has just cheered me up he heard scurrying around midnight last night while he was up. It wouldn't of been the loft it would of been between the bedroom floor and living room ceiling. That's all we need.
Could be they are getting in like before through Beth and Paul's roof and moving between the cavities. Hopefully they will get the poison in their loft.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow.

Do hope you haven't got new visitors Lynn hopefully the bait will kill them.

Safe journey to Wales and hope you and the mem enjoy the short time there. Also best wishes for your appointment on Friday Gordon. Lovely Christmas present from your colleagues.

Do hope your worries about the clutch are unfounded June.

How nice for Shilo to have you take him to the party next week Griff.

Dull and damp here this morning. It started to drizzle whilst out with Teazle. Not a lot on today, library to change books this morning, pick up a parcel from Argos when I get the notification and laptop being delivered later this afternoon. Someone is getting excited at getting his hands on my old one He will have to be patient as he can only have it when I am satisfied I have everything on the new one.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Morning Sue lovely and sunny here now after a misty start bit like a spring day.
Good luck with Barry maybe you will have to tie his hands behind his back to keep them off while you sort things Sue.
Sorry June forgot to mention good luck with the car. Hope it's something simple and cheap.

If we do have visitors again afraid it will have to poison in our loft this time cannot go in to a fourth year with the pesky varmints running amok.
I will have to keep a close eye on the garden and make sure no dead ones hanging about if it comes to that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Got a text from son to say he would be with me in just over an hour, 2 hours later, no sign Hoping he's OK and just stuck in traffic as the Trafford Centre causes no end of problems this time of year and it will affect him even in Yorkshire as it stacks back, so add rush hour to that and you get the picture. Although why people have to add to the congestion by going shopping to a place thats open till nearly flaming midnight and setting off IN rush hour has escaped me
OMG Lynn, hoping the poison sorts them out, heavy rain always brings the beggers in. I've got one of those plug in sonic things and it does seem to work, as have had mice a few autumns on the trot, and always when the fields have been cut and the wet cold weather starts. I don't think Jeff next door helps, that house is like a squat, how they live like that I don't know Enjoy driving around in your posh car
I think you may have to lock Barry in the garage or something to stop him getting to your pad before you are happy everything is where you want it, Sue.
We had heavy rain overnight, didn't see sight or sign of the girls really, so beds aren't too wet as there was no running in and out and getting our coats sopping. Got the bone run, then will pick shavings up and also going to take the car to the garage. I think you can tighten the clutch plates as a temporary measure, thats on a car with a gear change, no idea if automatics are like that, or if you can do it. Will be finding out later I am sure. I don't need the car till Friday, so fingers crossed they take it in tomorrow and Allun's money will have to go on that, dire necessity!!! Hoping it doesn't take ALL the money thats all, it will be bad, but no that bad, I hope!!
No sign of son, nor message or phone call. Will give up on him and carry on doing what I've got on my agenda for today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Morning
Nope Moyra, ceiling not painted...can only do so much at a time and my dad works full time too
Lynn, hope the ratties aren't back...maybe they have come for christmas Lol...only joking
Sue, i am pleased you cn manage with your computer how it is although i am sure tumbleweed will sort it for you
LG, safe trip to that there welsh wales
TW, i hope the bill isn't too expensive for your car. What phone does your lad have? could you ask him to install a tracker app.....just so when he says he is on his way you could check where he was?
Steve rung last night, got in from work, put the heating on and water came flooding out of the bottom of the boiler, he called the housing association who said it was a 24 hour call out!!! he explained he was at work and could they give a time...nope! if they had given a time i could have gone and waited whilst they sorted it, they said they could come early hours of the morning!!! he had to be up at 4am for work, anyway, text to see if they had been yet...nope, phoned whilst he was at work, i offered to go and wait if they could give a time but e says he will ring later as he is off tomorrow, how mental is that though...they will come out all through the night and not even give you a time, just expect you to wait by the phone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Maybe they will come tomorrow Griff when he is home all day! You shouldn't be worrying yourself over his problems, you have your own to worry about.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Bone run not wonderful, and the motorway was manic, raining, a lot of spray, poor visibility, people with no lights on and some of those people passing me at some speed in the outside lane
Called in at garage on the way home and they said never ever it is automatic, so I said well thats what it feels like. So they road tested it and said not the clutch. They are taking it in on Thursday and dropping the gear box, this could be good news (needs oil in there is an option of symptoms I describe) or not good news . We will know on Thursday. That is good though really that straight away they said no way can it be that because you and I know that I could have been taken for a lonnng walk up an expensive garden path with some places.
They are trying to tempt me with a Triumph Stag in British Racing GreenHe said take it and try it, noooooo I am penniless........ Oh you can pay on instalments....noooooo......
Got 3 bales of the thick shavings again and a bag of carrots for the girls. Off out to make them nice thick deep beds, as it is bluddy raining, again!!!!
Son appeared a bit later on, with a roller tray and rollers, I said oh I have one like that waiting for you, he said wish I had known, I said, well you never asked. Ceiling is now rollered and he said it needs another coat which he will do on Christmas Even when he comes to collect the turkey from here as the farm is delivering this year.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2016, 02:46 PM
The trip to Argos to pickup a kitchen waste bin ordered on line is delayed as the courier company has not delivered it yet. Estimated date is now around 20 December.

Sue wants some stuff off the old hard drive on the computer I will fix, so looked on youtube and amazed how easy it is. I think these computer repair companies create some mystique making it harder than it is in reality. So it is now replace tracpad and hard drive, dead simple on that machine of hers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2016, 02:55 PM
THIS IS MY BIG NEWS

Soooo proud that Kofie has been selected for the Crufts Northern Rally team Looking forward to her being the 'diva' that she is and strutting her stuff at Crufts in March

She will be the FIRST Utonagan EVER to compete at Crufts. It is Rally Obedience she will be working in on the Thursday
She came back to me as she howled like a Banshee for 3 days and nights, she met Jackie and the rest is history
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >