View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Right ive been on alli a week now, got it from the pharmasist at ASDA. i think its fantastic. Its also really keeping me motivated to keep on my diet.

Ive hardly had any effects, in fact if anything ive been going less! occassionally before a poo i do have a little orange oil, but not much & have never had any staining or leaking, even when ive had a higher than recommended fat.

I have zero will power but this has really given me a kick start & ive had the best dieting week!!! only one bad(ish) day.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Right ive been on alli a week now, got it from the pharmasist at ASDA. i think its fantastic. Its also really keeping me motivated to keep on my diet.

Ive hardly had any effects, in fact if anything ive been going less! occassionally before a poo i do have a little orange oil, but not much & have never had any staining or leaking, even when ive had a higher than recommended fat.

I have zero will power but this has really given me a kick start & ive had the best dieting week!!! only one bad(ish) day.
Oh, that sounds really promising...I wish you the very best of luck with it...keep us posted, won't you? xx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
i think i feel less hungry too!

has anyone on here taken "adios" that herbal thingy?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
My weight gain at menopause was completely hormonal, I had been a size 10 fit and energetic person my entire adult life. My weight rocketed by a stone a month on average for 6-7 months or so. I had no energy and was too tired and achey to exercise. My iron was depleted so badly that walking up the stairs at home left me completely breathless. I'm not a veggie but have always eaten a really healthy diet, my snack foods have always been frut and veg (well if you ignore the odd bar of galaxy) I tried to lose weight unsuccesfully until I rather sceptically tried the juicemasters 7ibs in 7 days. It's basically juicing every thing you eat and you do get through a massive amount of fruit and veg as a result, far more than you would/could possibly ever eat, but it worked. I didn't stick to it rigidly, some things I just couldn't stand (raw beetroot for example) so I just left them out. I lost weight and started to feel much healthier generally. I stayed on it for about 3 months and lost about 3 and a half stone before needing to chew something, just anything. So started to introduce whole fruits etc as snacks. Then progressed onto a healthy eating plan with exercise. Still continuing to lose weight, I lost about 5 stone in all.
I've been a bit of sod lately and have put some back on again, due to stress/commitments etc my schedule going out the window for the past 6 months or so. I'm about to give it another go.
In the book he talks about all sorts of supplements, mostly they are foul and you don't need them anyway so I'd advise giving them a miss. The only one I took and still do is spirulina which I tracked down in tablet form.

I wouldn't take the diet pills, I think it was medical intervention that piled on the weight in the first place tbh and taking more pills was not the answer.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
My weight gain at menopause was completely hormonal, I had been a size 10 fit and energetic person my entire adult life. My weight rocketed by a stone a month on average for 6-7 months or so. I had no energy and was too tired and achey to exercise. My iron was depleted so badly that walking up the stairs at home left me completely breathless. I'm not a veggie but have always eaten a really healthy diet, my snack foods have always been frut and veg (well if you ignore the odd bar of galaxy) I tried to lose weight unsuccesfully until I rather sceptically tried the juicemasters 7ibs in 7 days. It's basically juicing every thing you eat and you do get through a massive amount of fruit and veg as a result, far more than you would/could possibly ever eat, but it worked. I didn't stick to it rigidly, some things I just couldn't stand (raw beetroot for example) so I just left them out. I lost weight and started to feel much healthier generally. I stayed on it for about 3 months and lost about 3 and a half stone before needing to chew something, just anything. So started to introduce whole fruits etc as snacks. Then progressed onto a healthy eating plan with exercise. Still continuing to lose weight, I lost about 5 stone in all.
I've been a bit of sod lately and have put some back on again, due to stress/commitments etc my schedule going out the window for the past 6 months or so. I'm about to give it another go.
In the book he talks about all sorts of supplements, mostly they are foul and you don't need them anyway so I'd advise giving them a miss. The only one I took and still do is spirulina which I tracked down in tablet form.

I wouldn't take the diet pills, I think it was medical intervention that piled on the weight in the first place tbh and taking more pills was not the answer.
Crikey...well done you for sticking to it in the first place and losing so much weight. At my most comfortable weight I am a 16 bottoms and 18 top so I know I will never be as slim as you once were, but I shall definately look that diet up.

I went to the doctors today and, after a thorough examination, he has given me the prescription and told me the side effects, but, as others have said, this will only happen if I over indulge in fatty foods. I am so determined to lose this weight but I still haven't decided whether to take the pills or not, I feel desperate but, as I now have the diet sheet and can concentrate on eating healthily then that may be all I need.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
At least if you've got the pills you can give them a try. If you don't like them, or the side effects, you can stop taking them!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Good luck Sheree. I really need to do something about my weight but can't find the motivation from anywhere.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:53 AM
My husband was prescribed all different sorts of diet pills, all of which didn't agree with him, not instantly but months after taking them. That was 3 years ago, one irritated his tummy so much it took nearly a year to go back to nearly normal, and even now it's not 100%, our doctor did admit although there hadn't been any serious side effects reported that wasn't to say there wasn't any.

So for the past 3 years he's been doing the slimming world diet, now has lost 7.1/2 stone. 18 years ago he did Weightwatchers and lost 10 stone in a year, but found it and a bit more the next, his doctor said it was because it came off too quickly, so this time he's doing it slowly but surely, his BP is now normal, chlorestral is 4, and all other organs working normally. He still has another 4 stone to lose, but is doing really well.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
At least if you've got the pills you can give them a try. If you don't like them, or the side effects, you can stop taking them!
I did tell the doc about your hubby Shelley and he admitted that some patients do have that reaction but that it was down to me to control my fat intake..which is all very well so long as you have prepared a raw carrot or something and know there's no fat in it..not so easy when you buy something from a shop or similar. I'm not rushing to take them, I keep looking at the packet and thinking about the side effects

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Good luck Sheree. I really need to do something about my weight but can't find the motivation from anywhere.
Thanks Rachel...I know you're younger than me but maybe your hormones are playing up too. The nurse said that she is the same age as me and has just started noticing that she is putting on weight for no apparent reason...oh to be a woman eh?

Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
My husband was prescribed all different sorts of diet pills, all of which didn't agree with him, not instantly but months after taking them. That was 3 years ago, one irritated his tummy so much it took nearly a year to go back to nearly normal, and even now it's not 100%, our doctor did admit although there hadn't been any serious side effects reported that wasn't to say there wasn't any.

So for the past 3 years he's been doing the slimming world diet, now has lost 7.1/2 stone. 18 years ago he did Weightwatchers and lost 10 stone in a year, but found it and a bit more the next, his doctor said it was because it came off too quickly, so this time he's doing it slowly but surely, his BP is now normal, chlorestral is 4, and all other organs working normally. He still has another 4 stone to lose, but is doing really well.
Well done your hubby...I have so much admiration for people that dedicate so much to losing weight..I seem to have been on a diet of some sort all my life, although the most I ever lost was 4 stone and everyone told me I looked like a skeleton...I went down to size 12 for about 6 months but couldn't keep it off without starving myself. My cholesterol is only 3 and everything else is working normally so I should be able to do this sensibly and safely xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Well I got my prescription and I relented to take the tablet..a sort of suck them and see reaction I think. I was worried sick that I would have the side effects so didn't hardly eat anything other than dry toast and raw carrots for the 1st day

Once I knew that I wouldn't have this awful tummy just from taking them I relaxed a bit..I'm taking two a day although the dose is 3, and they are definately my crux as I felt a bit hormonal on Saturday and would have killed for some chocolate..the fact that I had taken the tablet and knew what could have happened stopped me from indulging.

I am now on a very healthy low fat diet..I either have wholemeal toast with low fat spread and a yoghurt for brekkie...or a bowl of cereal..beans on toast or a sandwich for dinner and then lots of vegetables for my main meal. I'm eating plenty of fruit and I can feel the effects already..and I haven't had any problems with my bowels at all.

I have to be weighed and checked over by the diet nurse on Friday, just to check that I am doing everything ok and that the medication is suiting me. I then go back and see her and the doc after the month is over. I think I will finish this course and then be ok to go it alone as it has given me the kick start I so desperately needed and, although I am craving sweet stuff I am so pleased with the way my body is changing and so quickly that I feel confident I will be able to continue to refuse anything naughty that is offered.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >