Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Tough toy idea please?

Izzy is our 9 and a half years young Kerry Blue terrier bitch. We have had her 7 months now. She really likes soft toys that squeak but she is so destructive!

When I went to Sainsbury's a week ago I bought her a half price toy cow (dog toy) that squeaked. Gave it to her in her crate in the back of the car and thought how nice it was to hear all the squeaking as it meant she was enjoying playing with it.

However, 10 minutes later when we arrived back home I let her out of the crate and put my hand in to bring the toy in too and she had completely de-stuffed it and the crate was full of bits of stuffing

She has a habit of doing this and I am always mending toys and am finding it a bit tiresome.

Does anyone have any recommendations of tougher squeaky toys please?

I would prefer ones without fur or hair on as she plucks all of this off toys as well. I bought her a Mammoth dog toy from a car boot sale and she plucked all its hair off so it looked like it had alopecia poor thing!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Gelert has a JW squeaky football (rugby ball really ) which he loves and is very tough (and probably less tempting to destroy as it isn't fluffy). It's lasted much longer than anything similar he's has before. The rest of the JW range is supposed to be just as good, so I've heard

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-toys-rubb...dog-toy-p-4990
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I am afraid squeaky things are VERBOTEN in my house so I cannot recommend such an object.]

Have you got a Goughnut?

REALLY strong toys which come with a replacement guarantee.

NOT cheap, but I got one from Crufts and I can really recommend, the black ones are super tough, much tougher than black kongs.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 09:30 PM
What about something like this? http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/tu...-dog-toys/4924

They are not cheap, but would probably work out cheaper in the long run than constantly replacing destroyed toys.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
um...this does not squeek but last forever?lol
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I use Mule Deer or Elk antlers..... Works great and keeps teeth clean.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Gelert has a JW squeaky football (rugby ball really ) which he loves and is very tough (and probably less tempting to destroy as it isn't fluffy). It's lasted much longer than anything similar he's has before. The rest of the JW range is supposed to be just as good, so I've heard

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-toys-rubb...dog-toy-p-4990
Thanks-they look really good! Not expensive either.

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am afraid squeaky things are VERBOTEN in my house so I cannot recommend such an object.]

Have you got a Goughnut?

REALLY strong toys which come with a replacement guarantee.

NOT cheap, but I got one from Crufts and I can really recommend, the black ones are super tough, much tougher than black kongs.
Thanks but she would be a sad little Izzy-Whizzy if her new toy didn't squeak Her previous owners banned squeaky toys as they didn't enjoy the noise. It is just something I have adapted to after many years of owning terriers

Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
What about something like this? http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/tu...-dog-toys/4924

They are not cheap, but would probably work out cheaper in the long run than constantly replacing destroyed toys.

I like those-thanks! The Pteradactyly may be one she gets for her 10th birthday later on in the year.

Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
um...this does not squeek but last forever?lol
I don't think she would bite your dog to see if it would squeak!

Originally Posted by Jpepper View Post
I use Mule Deer or Elk antlers..... Works great and keeps teeth clean.
Thanks-I was thinking about getting a Stag bar to see if either of my dogs like them, I will look these up too. I will only buy one initially and then it is not a waste of they don't like it.
Jpepper
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Same thing I'm sure just different type! Not sure if I can get stags at the stores in my area because it's something more exotic to this region if I'm not mistaken but deer and elk are plentiful!
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
just a thought ,is there any kong products that squeek?there a pretty tufff toy.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Cain has a red squeaky toy made out of fire hose, that pretty tough!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >