View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this , so the only course of action seems to be with a hard hitting lawyer .
Maybe he will be on your side ?
Thinking of you and hoping somehing good will happen soon xx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
What's even worse is that I never imagined I'd ever have to take legal action against ANYONE: I thought I'd only ever need their conveyancing skills. That I should have to take on Mrs. S beggars belief, but I don't see that she has left me any option!

Snorri
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2009, 08:51 PM
my god the woman must think shes on planet *me-me*. all those adaptations hope they land her with a nice big bill. hows she going to pay for it???
hows she managing money wise?? is she going to go to work.??? or go on the dole???
either way shes going to feel the pinch.(oh goodie)
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
my god the woman must think shes on planet *me-me*.
Precisely

all those adaptations hope they land her with a nice big bill. hows she going to pay for it???
She doesn't think she'll have to - hasn't thought it through **
hows she managing money wise?? is she going to go to work.??? or go on the dole???prob. dole
either way shes going to feel the pinch.(oh goodie)
She lives in a sort of cloud-cuckoo-land where it's always someone else's fault (usually mine) when things don't go according to her plan. Well, I think that the social worker may cop a bit of her wrath, as he organised it all, but omitted to tell her what could happen if she didn't stick to the rules. The Council he works for have been trying to smoke-screen me when I make enquiries (presumably in an attempt to protect him), but they won't flim-flam my lawyer. If what I suspect is true, he could lose his job. It would serve him bloody well right. Useless toad.

Snorri

** dunno how much. somewhwere between 28 & 76 grand?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 06:06 PM
** dunno how much. somewhwere between 28 & 76 grand?
oh goodie sounds like some-ones going to be tightening her belt a bit
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Basically, she has two options (if my info is correct) - either she can repay the grant (fat chance), or she can let me go home, thereby fulfilling the conditions of the grant. It will depend, partly, on how far up the Council food chain my solicitor can get; clearly, if he gets caught by the SW Dept., they will do their best to smokescreen him, too. As to the mood she'll be in if I win, tough, I'm used to her sulky ways and bouts of bad temper. Water off a duck's back. So, ladies, beware! If you're at odds with your OHs, sulking and bad temper are self-defeating, we men get used to them, and just ignore them!

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice to hear fighting talk, Dougie...... you go get her, honey

x0x0x0x0x
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I have just recieved this email from my pal down south. As it seems relevant, I have forwarded it to my solicitor.

"Hi Doug,

Apologies for delay but was floored with sunstroke/heat exhaustion last week - really do hate this weather!

As far as the grant work on the house is concerned, if this was in Ayrshire then
1) the council would first check the title deeds of the house to see who had title
2) if the person named in the title deeds was not the person receiving the benefit from the work specified then an agreement would have to be made that ensured that the title holder would be under obligation to provide the true beneficiary of the grant (i.e. you) with all benefit that accrued from the work done (in your case provision of accomodation in the refurbished house) until such time as the true beneficiary either died, was permanently hospitalised or received equivalent accomodation from the title holder in other premises
3) in the event of the title holder breaching the conditions then the title holder would be due to repay the grant in full or at a percentage at a rate relating to the time that the beneficiary had use of the refurbished accomodation.
4) the title holder, if not the true beneficiary, is not allowed to have any pecuniary advantage from the work done under the grant.

Having asked one of my local council friends off the record what South Ayrshire would do in a case similar to yours, she suggested that not only would they ask for the return of the money but if it was not forthcoming would reinstate the work to original and charge for this as well.

Hope this is of some use."

I think I've got her.

Snorri

The mate who sent it actually introduced us in the first place. That he can send this speaks volumes for what he thinks..........
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Good luck Snorri. I know you're gonna win now and she'll get what's coming to her.

You'll be able to go home and live in comfort. Then she can find somewhere else to live.

Laura xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Sounds Good Snorri. Fingers and paws crossed here x
Page 14 of 37 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »