Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-11-2006, 09:43 PM

Why I love dogs...

I was thinking about this last night, and so thought I would write a little blog about it. There are so many reasons why I love dogs, but I'll just mention the ones that come to mind first (so I don't bore you too much!).

I think one of the biggest things I love about dogs, is, love. You know, that wagging tail when your dog sees you in the morning, or when you've been out for a bit, or out of the room for a while. I've actually been told that his tail starts wagging as soon as he hears me coming down the stairs... awwww it really does make you feel all warm cosy and loved.

And the look in his eyes that make you just want to hug him, and let him lick your face (not that I let him mind you, but it does make me want to let him, if you know what I mean!). The excitement that he can barely keep in, even if he does knock you flying with it lol. I just find it amazing, that he's always pleased to see me, morning, noon or night - never bores of this average person called Azz, a nobody, but to him I'm more than that, I'm his life. That makes me feel very privileged and extremely protective of him - god help anyone who picks on my boy!! You know what? It actually makes me feel very special indeed (even if just momentarily). So there you have it, dogs do wonders for your self-esteem!

I love seeing dogs play too - complete innocence, no bitching, no agendas, just pure and simple unadulterated fun and games. Yes dogs can fight, but when they get on it really is a joy to watch and always manages to make me smile. And what about all the fantastic people I have met because of my dog? There's all of you for starters, and then there's the people we see on walks - whether dog owners or not, they all seem to want to say hello or talk to you. So reason number two - dogs are great for making new friends.

What about the lovely places you get to walk just because you need to take the dogs for a walk? There's at least 3 awesome places I have discovered thanks to Rocky, and I'm quite certain I'd never had gone if it wasn't for him. So reason number 3 - helping you appreciate local beauty spots that you may not have visited otherwise.

I think it's documented somewhere that people with pet's are less likely to suffer with depression. That's because they're always there for us, part of our families. When things get rough, they're like our rocks, and when things are great they're there with us then too. We know we can turn to them for emotional support when and as we need it (in the form of *hugs* and *sloppy kisses* So reason number 4 - dogs are good for your mental health.

I really could go on, as there's so many things dogs give us, and they ask very little in return. Yes we do need to learn 'their language' a little, and we do need to research things properly, but is that much to ask when you think about what they give us? Their all.

Long live dogs - and all those that truly love them.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	25april4.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	3073  
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Theres about eleventy zillion reasons.. but I think you pretty much covered the main ones there Azz...
Great Blog
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I second that emotion!!!!!!!!!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2006, 10:19 PM
summed up perfectly!! and I bet you let Rocky lick your face when no one is looking.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Great Blog Az I agree with Carole on both points she makes.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 10:41 PM
yep have to agree with Carole !!! LOL

Bruno never fails to make me smile when I am feeling sad or down and I love his wiggily bum when he sees me - there is nothing quite like it !!!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Inspiring read, Azz.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 02:54 AM
So thats why I love them so much!
Thanks for the reminder, since my memory had a little lapse today upon the sight of my very muddy (just cleaned) floor..

(off to give them all a huge cuddle)
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Great blog Azz! Now that I have Tilly I have certainly felt better and more comfortable. I know it sounds daft but I feel 'complete' and the family is complete, well once Paul get's home anyway
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 03:34 PM
You know Azz - you should create a Dogsey Calendar and come up with 12 doggy pics with 12 reasons why you love them! Would be great! Really enjoyed your blog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >