Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
bring yours with you when you come to stay
Oh how I would love too, of all the places I've been in the world (and that is lots) sadly the USA is one place I've not been. On the campervan forums that I sometimes log into there are people who've shipped their campers across the pond, and many who've been over and hired one there, I imagine it must be the best way to see the country, if only I was a tad younger
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 08:44 PM
It really is the only way to see the country, by road, there is a reason why American's drive everywhere.. flying is convenient of course, but to really see it get out on the open road.

We did a brilliant trip 2 yrs ago, we took 3 weeks off and away we went, from Seattle we drove South on the Interstate and went all the way down to CA where we camped out at some friends house, they live near San Francisco and it took us 4 days to get there through some SPECTACULAR scenery, the Shasta Mountains and other ranges.

We towed a trailer with Mr M's Ducati 996 on, and once at our friends they dog sat whilst we went in and out to Laguna Seca to watch the World Motogp motorcycle racing!! then when we left theirs we drove out through San Francisco over the Golden Gate bridge to the coast and then spent 2 weeks meandering back up the coast, through the Redwoods, and Oregon and back in the Washington.

Mr M rode his motorcycle most of the way home (stopping every 50 miles or so to make sure I was coming) on the coast road, me and the girls trundled along in the van listening to LOUD music, windows down road trippin'

What else gives you that much freedom!! always knew every night I would have a comfy bed, and what was for dinner ('cause I was cooking) and the girls were totally comfortable, home from home!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2014, 09:08 PM
meandering back up the coast, through the Redwoods, and Oregon and back in the Washington.
Oh Daisy you're really making me envious now "meandering through the Redwoods, Oregon, Washington state those are all the places I would love to go.

Not interested in New York, Las Vegas, or New Orleans it's the rural countryside I like to visit and as you say you have to drive it to see it.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Daisy that sounds lovely, are the Redwoods really as big as they are portrayed?

The stew turned out okay, even though I nearly burnt it cause I dozed a little more...it was a little more strongly flavoured than I would have liked but not too bad.

Brian seems to have gone to sleep thankfully. Poor soul hasn't slept properly in days so I'm going to sleep on the couch again so he can sleep without me jumping around in my sleep and disturbing him.

Watching Buffy again tonight, need to chill a bit before starting on the training programme, that's tomorrow's job.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 09:41 PM
LORRAINE,you sound in much better form
Legs are all spun out,was great fun tonight,alot of newbies so we look like professionals First night is a disaster for everyone,after that you're flying
Weather is awful,doubt it could be any windier or wet Off for a bath cause I don't half stink
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2014, 09:41 PM
It really is the only way to see the country, by road, there is a reason why American's drive everywhere.. flying is convenient of course, but to really see it get out on the open road...[snip]...
When twin and my b-i-l took early retirement and relocated from just outside Boston to Seattle, they drove the whole way across the US - not in a campervan though.

And they were in Nashville on 9/11 staying with one of their sons, due to fly back to Seattle the following day but there were no flights so they hired a car and drove, so I reckon they have seen a fair bit of the US in their time.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Lore They really ARE that big, and really have to be seen to be believed, it is amazing! The climate there is just so ideal for them to grow big, damp misty mornings, then wall to wall sunshine the rest of the day, with long daylight hours all year round...

We have a redwood at the end of our driveway, don't think it will be to be a record breaker but it is pretty cool to have our own! also if you press the bark on a redwood, it is soft! dunno why!!

Eileen pleased you are enjoying spin, I used to do a spin class every week when I lived in England, I was ALOT fitter than I am now

Hi Malka yep that would have been some drive, probably a bit surreal around that time too!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Daisy, wow, cool! If I ever win the lottery I'd love to travel!

Brian woke up, he's actually slept and he is having his dinner. Just waiting on him letting me know when he wants his lemsip.

Fancying something sweet to eat, that's the down side of a downer, all I want is chocolate, or sweet pastries...as a result I put on a load of weight! Fruit just doesn't do it, thinking of a sweet drink instead, maybe fruit juice. Not sure.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Hello, and I have just had a quick read through.

I am struck by the absence of Jenny who normally pops in........hope that you are okay Jenny.

Been busy researching for a friend, and it might keep me occupied for a while.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Evening. Ran and now catching up on the Louis Theroux documentary. Like it a lot but too many pinch collars
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >