Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 07:41 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone. Sun shining here again today not sure how long for. I thought this weekend was meant to be rubbish and I believe it has been for some but here we have been lucky.
Had a great night last night. Didn't get in till 2 am. We arrived at Paul and Beth's at 7.30 pm.
Great food, wine and company.

I haven't caught up with yesterdays thread yet so will say I hope all poorly hoomans and doglets that need get well vibes feel better soon. Michael is leaving for London sometime today probably after lunch so better go get the beef in.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

PS, Helena there was no dancing on the tables. I hope Dave is still upbeat.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Morning Lynn,

You sound so upbeat and clearly your dinner date last night was a great success It is lovely that you are now making friends and to have them on your doorstep is such a bonus. It's always hard moving to a totally new area but it looks as though things are finally 'turning a corner' for you

Sunny here too but I think this morning for us in the SE will be the best part of the day .... showers forecast for later.
I've been away since 6.20 but its actually been really nice sitting here in the kitchen with the dogs and having a little time to myself.

No plans for today and my son said he and his girlfriend may collect Flash and take him out for a walk which will give me chance to spend some one-to-one time with Rucksack.

I've just had a quick catch up on last night .... it was very quiet.
LS I do hope poor little Michael can have that tooth whipped out asap. Finally you have 'the' dress and I'm sure Carys will look just gorgeous in it.
Lacey I noticed your German prose .... or was it leprechaun
Sally Orchards are surely one of the easiest flowers to look after. They thrive on a northerly or easterly window sill (full sunlight will 'burn' them). I was always told to go by the colour of their leaves. They should be bright green. Yellowing leaves mean too much sunlight and dark green mean not enough. How lovely that you were the 'chosen-one' for them.
Lore What instrument are you learning ..... bag pipes?

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday and see you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:06 AM
LOL Morning Lynn and everyone

Well you do surprise me at that last comment there in that you were fully entitled to at that time of the morning Oh what a result that you have such great neighbours (bit like mine then, although I only reserve mine for Christmas!). It sure made up for yesterday's birthday lunch then didn't it.

Glorious morning here, not a cloud in the sky, we're in for a hot one here I hope. The sad thing is, I can't get down on the beach though, because it's the half marathon today and the roads will be shut, but the signs did say 10 am onwards so if we get our skates on, we might be in luck. Don't want to get trapped down there till 2 o'clock though and miss my lunch.

All is still ok here, roast l*mb (just for Jen) on the menu today, and not much else on the cards, so I nice, relaxing Sunday for us.

The bathroom has now been unveiled and it had its first trial run last night with Dave shutting himself in there for a hot shower, no window open, and the difference with the fan he's fitted in the ceiling, there wasn't one cloud of steam in there when he'd finished. I now want one fitted in my little en-suite of course, cos that gets like a fog when I shower and I have to open the little window. I might do a bathroom project thread today, cos the only thing left is the window blind and the rad, but at least it looks kinda finished now and it all works.

Bev, have a lovely day with Charly and Ash

Sally, what a lovely thought of Mr M bringing home that orchid for you, and I'm the same with orhids, my mum's favourite flower, and every potted one I bought he did well in her room, if I left it alone

Gordon, nice of you to pop in for a nightcap on your return last night, and sounds like you'd have been far better off spending the night in DAD's. Hopefully, the food made up for the company. Remember, where on a promise from you today too, so try and pop in and brighten may day.

Jen, hope Pepsi has had a good night.

Well, better get those skates on and get Zena out before the rain clouds appear.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Morning Jenny you snuck in there, it's always us 3 that are up at the crack of dawn isn't it. Be nice if they took Flash out for your and you can spend some one to one with Rucksack, he'll probably enjoy having you all to himself. Enjoy your Sunday, I'm sure this sunshine will last for us in the south east
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny and all who follow

Beautiful sunny morning here today. I don't need any heating on again this morning as the sun is blazing through the windows making the house lovely and warm.

Charly went on a hen night in London last night, so poor Ash was running her up and down the A12 to drop her off and bring her back. I think she got home about 2am so they havn't emerged yet.

Lyla is still hating harley and spends most of her time in my bedroom. I think its going to take a few visits.
Harley has been surprisingly good as its been the first time since they got him from the rescue just over a month ago, he has slept in another house, we did wonder if he would think they were going to abandon him, but apart from watching their every move he has been very settled. He is clearly very devoted to them.
They will be leaving later this afternoon to go home, so Lyla can relax again .

Later this afternoon my sister and I are meeting at mums to go through a load of old photos to see if we want any. I love going through old photos so looking forward to it.

Lynn glad you enjoyed your night last night and have made some friends.
Enjoy your day all
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Morning all!

Not sure if this is the right place? But thanks for the lovely email this morning! Made my screen go a little blurry with all those birthday wishes!

T H A N K Y O U
From sunny - but chilly North Somerset x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Morning H, you snuck in while I was typing.
Glad the bathroom is now mainly completed and all working very efficiently.

Morning Lyn, nice to see you on here and Happy Birthday
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Good morning all,

Lynn, so glad you had a good time for your birthday last night.

Jenny, hope you son and girlfriend do take Flash for a walk so that you have some quality time with Rucksack.

Helena, hope you manage to get down the beach with Zena and back before the marathon starts.

Bev, shame that Harley and Lyla haven't made friends but in time no doubt they will. Hope Charly, Ash and Harley have a good run home.

Bobble, welcome to the thread and a very happy birthday to you. Have a lovely day.

Well fingers crossed only one more day to put up with this faceache! bad again this morning. I have changed the sheets on my bed and the washing machine is singing away and at present the sun is shining so I am hoping I may get them dry before the rain comes. Have a good day all, I hope the sun is shining for you. God bless
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning Jenny, Helena, Bev and Bobble.

Jenny it is nice sometimes just to have the morning to yourself to decide how the day is going to pan out or you hope it will pan out. Sounds like the boys tummies have settled down that's good. with Dave
Helena hope you make it down the beach and back in time for lunch. Nice to read you are having a good weekend and that the bathroom is done.
Bev poor Lyla I am sure she will get use to Harley after a few more visits. Glad you are enjoying the weekend.
Morning Bobble happy birthday. Have a nice day.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Morning all! Think there must have been something on at Santa pod today got woken up super early by lots of people driving past in theirSTUPID cars. Shhhh
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »