View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Bella looks like she has made herself at home. The sprinklers will keep her amused and the lizards.
It is looking very nice and it looks like a nice neighbourhood too always a big bonus.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2014, 08:48 PM
thanks all of you it's been a bit hectic and today I HAD NO WATER? Mains was OK to drinking, outside tap and loo but nothing from hot and cold tank taps. They are looking into it tomorrow sounds like a pump switched off somewhere.

Originally Posted by Meg View Post
The new home looks great Pat I am sure Bella will enjoy having new and different places to explore..
Meg she has settled to it really well bless her. But only met nice people so far every time we've been over.

I am such a klutz. I sit there listening to all the songbirds and thinking 'well it's only 4 miles inland from coast road but WHAT a difference - hardly ever hear songbirds here.

Dawned on me today that, being one of the very few villages in the buffer zone (no mans land) Of course no armed troops are allowed through the UN territory I now live on and NO ONE is allowed into the No Mans Land either side. In the absence of human intervention, no man’s lands turn into de facto nature reserves.

In fact because it's been left so long untouched it is of great interest to the world of nature - so certainly no gung ho gun mad Cypriots murdering all the birds there!

Not ALL paradise. I have pigeons somewhere out the front up in the turrets of the car park. I quite like their cooing but not their droppings. But the maintenance clear it every day.

And today some dogs were howling and barking in the distance almost all day. Then strangely (might have been coincidence) when the birdsong seemed to reach a crescendo the barking stopped?

Dogs vs Birds? If so I hope the birds keep winning! And I am so LUCKY that Bella ignores other dogs barking! I left her in there for an hour or so on her own today while I went to the shops. She barked once as I got to my car but no more. Then, when I got back, even though I had to noisily double unlock the door and drag my bags in - she wasn't waiting at the other side. Just came ambling over after I put the bags down.

I think she feels at home already.
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11