View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 05:28 PM
My PRT's had hunt champions in their ancestry and it seemed to stay with the dogs, people certainly mention it in their wins. The KC isn't the be all and end all of dog showing and I see no reason why a title issued by a club is any less worthy than one issued by the KC, they may not recognise each others but that's by the by in my book.
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
PRTs are recognised, JRTs are not !
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I started in PRT shortly after they were first recognised by the KC which means my pedigrees had a lot of JRTC of GB terriers behind them, as most of the Parsons have. In fact my PRT had White Lakeland within their 5 generations but were still registered as pure PRT!
Becky
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Mahooli, I think the confusion has arisen from one poster originally insinuating that she has KC reg PRT show dogs [ with the constant pedigree this pedigree that and 37 + KC wins yadda yadda ], when they are nothing of the sort, and then making out that she will be competing against KC Champs [ which would have to be PRTs in this context but at a companion type show [ which CCs are not eligible for anyway in a proper companion show, though if the breed club allow it in their 1 recognised breed alongside 1 unrecognised breed limited shows thats a different thing entirely ], but the main point being the status she is claiming is totally innaccurate in the context she is trying to put across.

HTH clear that little misnomer up for everyone
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I didn't see the mention of KC champions just champions!
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
It was her insinuations as Patch said, on several threads.
amandas-jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Well if I have read their website correctly then yes!
They award Puppy Champion, Champion terrier for different heights and Supreme Champion and Reserve Champion!
Becky
yes you have got the idea perfect thats what iam trying to say

Originally Posted by surannon View Post
I think you'll find that these are not Champion titles as we see them - more definitions of wins. i.e. Best in Show = Champion for that day. I don't think they stay with the dog and become part of it's name, as it were.

Debs
the first quote i did was right
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I can't understand this. Why the snobbery? At the end of the day a JRT champion within its breed club is just as worthy as a PRT champion within its breed club.

I have only recently started showing my Bracco Italiano and this is what I come across so often - downright snobbery!!!! My Bracco has fabulous lines and is out of the top dog in the UK for the last 2 years. So what? My working cocker spaniel (who can't be shown because he is a working dog!) has a whole pedigree full of FT champs, winners etc., So what?

I also have 2 x collies that are in every way just as important to me as my pedigree dogs.

The snobbery that I see at shows is beyond belief. Why cant you all just appreciate dogs - pure and simple!!!

I think JRTs are great wee dogs. They have great characters. My brother used to have one and he was one of the best little dogs I have ever met!!!

Please, stop the snobbery. A dog is a dog is a dog is a dog. LETS JUST CELEBRATE DOGS!!! Or is it only the KC registered dogs that are worth celebrating?

Spettadog
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:09 PM
There is no snobbery regarding JRTs, certainly not here on Dogsey.

These comments were made because of the poster, and had you read all her previous threads/posts you would see why.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry but that is how it appears to me.

Originally Posted by Malady View Post
PRTs are recognised, JRTs are not !
I have read this OPs posts and there seems to be something going on there. It may be a clash of personalities but I definitely think this is coming across as snobbery!!! Just my opinion FWIW.

Spettadog
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >