View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Hound Assoc,. of Scotland Limited Show Shonaq aka Dougie Pitt andFriends - Updated

We went to the show today and met Shona [Dougie Pitt] as arranged as she had agreed to handle one of the boys for us, as there was only one Borzoi Open Class and they were both entered in this. I am pleased to say Rye got a first and Best of Breed and Pellow who was handled beautifully by Shona got a second. There were seven entered but only four rurned up, but we were really pleased that both boys were placed and I think Shona enjoyed it [at least I hope she did as would like to haver her do it for us again some time]. We also met up with Jascquie who is Megan's mum(Megan is xRosex on here.) We had a really lovely day and I should just like to publicly thank Shona for handling and Megan for taking the pics for me. When I get these uploaded I shall post some on here. Just wanted to share our day with you all.
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
It was really nice to meet you Eunice, cant wait to see how the pics turn out, hope i got them in focus lol(i just point and shoot with mine usually, still need to read the manual) away for my dinner(took the dogs for a walk hence having dinner at nearly 10pm) now, hopefully the pics turned out ok and some will be up by the time im back on.

Hopefully see you at a few more shows in the future

Megan
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 08:46 PM
OMG your prepared to let me loose with Pellow again
He was a delight to handle, he is such a gentleman and a honey,
It was great fun, I really enjoyed myself, its great being asked to handle diff breeds, it gives me a chance to expand my limited knowlage of showing,,,in breeds that I rarely ever see, every time I go in the ring I learn something new, normaly mistakes I make and think oh jjdjdj f if I had done that diff or this, so its more of a bonus for me {Poor dogs having to tholl me though}

Still kicking myself though,,,,, would have loved to have beaten Robert in the ring,,,,,
Out of the ring with a big stick would have been just as good though,,,, Im sure he was at the cheetin
YOU TELL HIM TO WATCH HIS BACK NEXT TIME IM GONA WHUUPPP HIM,,,,,,

Thanks again Eunice, just glad the outcome was good, the humiliation of being turffed would have been horrid,,,,,Robert would be on about it for years to come
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Shona/Megan

I have only mansged to upload a few of the pics . More will follow over the next few days. You did get it in focus Megan some nice pics I think/ Thanks again to you both.

Robert says he will wear a bullet proof vest for next
time Lol

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2007, 10:00 PM
AWwwwww well done to all of you sounds like a great day!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah, well done.

Super photos too.

I love the look of Pellow striding out in the first photo, certainly looks like Shona handled him well
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Well done all!
I was stewarding yesterday at a Champ show, did ALL the dachsies, Deerhounds, Saluki's and BORZOIS there was a stunning male there that got the Green Star, the owner told me she was in a hurry as she was dashing for the Ferry (it was a UK entry) and "luckily" he didn't go BOB but she told me that he was made up to Irish Champion that day!
My day stewarding - I'll put on a blog later as far too long to post!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Yeah, well done.

Super photos too.

I love the look of Pellow striding out in the first photo, certainly looks like Shona handled him well
Thanks Hali, to be fair though, he is very easy to handle, he is the type of dog that will cover mistakes for the handler, if you know what I mean, he looks great on the move, you can move fast or slower {that would be me with the short legs I have} and still look great,

It was my first time handling Borzois, I have to admit I really enjoyed it, Its a whole diff way of handling in comparison to the rotts, I have been lucky though as Pellow is well trained and had good manners even with an eejjittttttt dangling from the end of his lead he looked good, hugs to pellow,
Still think I was robbed by Robert, thats him in the red, the one who let his dog sniff the grass all the way round,,,,:smt043 :smt042 from the pics I would say Pellow did me proud,

Its gona be an on going battle with Robert and I if I show one of them agian.

ALL in good fun though,,,,,but ya know how once in a while you just wana WHHHUUP some folk in the ring,,,,,, I think I have met my rival,,,, :smt044
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Well done to those two beautiful boys and to the excellent handlers

Sounds like it was a great day, pity I don't live nearer as I would have loved to have come and supported you, and get big hugs and kisses from those gorgeous lads of course.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Lovely photos - you must be so proud, Eunice
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >