Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post

Mind you all of this is irrelevant for me, as I will now be attending dogless. I had one of my girls scanned yesterday, and she is definitely in whelp.....YAY
Thats great news, you must be thrilled
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I would love to wear black but can't because black doggies!

Wore grey suit last year but am hoping to get something in beige - might be a suit might be trousers/cords and sep jacket? Dunno yet - aaaaaaaaaaagh I really need to get sorted!

Or maybe grey and red?

Oh help!!!

OMG Rachel, beige with setters, I'll be able to find you very easily then, that will be the beige suit with the paw print design

Seriously though, I would imagine the gordons look great against a light colour like that. I always like red jackets as they are bright but don't detract from the colour of the dog, unless you're showing an Irish Setter of course, then, despite supersticion (sp), I always were a green jacket.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Ssshhh, It's a secret. Don't tell everyone
I will have to fight you for them now on Ebay
:smt062
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 11:01 PM
What on earth would I wear with a Black and White dog then?????

Can't wear light, can't wear dark!

I'll be honest here and say I've never even thought about what I wear, so busy fussing over the flippin' dog!

Quite like the sound of red though.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
What on earth would I wear with a Black and White dog then?????

Can't wear light, can't wear dark!

I'll be honest here and say I've never even thought about what I wear, so busy fussing over the flippin' dog!

Quite like the sound of red though.
Have to admit even though I have a black and white dog I do wear black trousers at most champ shows. Red is a nice colour with black and white. A nice shade of green or lilac looks good too.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 09:33 AM
This will be my first time as an exhibitor at Crufts and keep changing my mind about what I want to wear.

I have just ordered a tweed waistcoat (more fashion than shooting) from Ebay so waiting to see what that look liks and will either wear my moleskin trousers or grey trousers or I may have to buy something! I'm in the keepers ring as well so wanted to go a bit "countryfied". I'll probably change my mind again before the day though I have got a couple of different coloured jackets which might do.

You've got me worried now lol.

Congratulations Thandi

Helen
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Have to admit even though I have a black and white dog I do wear black trousers at most champ shows. Red is a nice colour with black and white. A nice shade of green or lilac looks good too.
Thanks for that, black and red sounds good. Easy to keep clean!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 07:50 AM
With showing both liver and white and black and white usually, the preferred colour seems to be green. I have a good light green trouser suit which I wear with a dark brown (showing Deccy only) dark green or pink top.
That is what I will wear at Crufts (good Irish colour! ) probably with brown top as poor sick Polo will not be going and Polly is no more.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2007, 05:01 PM
My main consideration when handling at any show, not just Crufts was lots of pockets in whatever I was wearing to hold the liver pieces/combs/brush/tissues
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
With showing both liver and white and black and white usually, the preferred colour seems to be green. I have a good light green trouser suit which I wear with a dark brown (showing Deccy only) dark green or pink top.
That is what I will wear at Crufts (good Irish colour! ) probably with brown top as poor sick Polo will not be going and Polly is no more.
Not wanting to turn this into a fashion thread, but what shoes would you wear with a Green suit?

Hope poor Polo is feeling a bit better.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
My main consideration when handling at any show, not just Crufts was lots of pockets in whatever I was wearing to hold the liver pieces/combs/brush/tissues
Yeah, I have to say that is my first concern when choosing something to wear when going to a show. Where can I put the treats!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >