Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Crufts Exhibitors Outfits

Do you have a "lucky" outfit that you wear for Crufts, or do you just wear any old thing?

When I was working I always bought a new trouser suit for Crufts in the knowledge that I could wear it for work afterwards.

The first year I was out of work I didn't attend Crufts as the pups had just been born, and last year I wore one of my old work suits. I haven't really decided what to wear this year.

At open shows I just wear a nice pair of trousers and jumper or blouse, at champ shows I always wear a trouser suit and try to find something extra special for Crufts. Not anything over the top but comfortable and dressy, after all, we spend so much time on preparing our dogs for the ring it seems a shame to let them down if we can't be bothered with our own appearance.

I know that some exhibitors can be seen at every show wearing the same outfit, it is their lucky outfit and they wouldn't dream of wearing anything else.

I was just wondering what out Dogsey exhibitors are planning to wear on the big day.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi Sheree, well its my O/h who is showing the boys at Crufts. Last year he wore a suit and collar and tie, but if it was up to him he would wear anything, i.e. Tatty old jeans however like you I think with the bother we go to to have the dogs groomed we should ensure that the handler is equally well groomed , so I shall make sure he wears something smart and in colours that compliment both boys. Thanks for reminding me Sheree.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:51 PM
I will be wearing my Cream trousersuit that I bought for Crufts last year. Obviously I am not tempting fate and will change into it once i'm there. Luckily Ring 1 is right near the loos
Normally I show at Open and Champ shows in Black Trousers and a red jacket. Have to say I buy my jackets from ebay, just keep an eye out and get one when one pops up. Got a lovely one, brand new with tags retailing at £70 for the bargain price of £7.50 including P&P.
I have to say I really loathed chucking my last jacket away. It had given me luck in my opinion but it was starting to look bobbly and I had put a little bit of weight on. It sat in the wardrobe for months before I finally thanked it and put it out of it's misery.
So I generally stick to red, even though I bought three other jackets in other colours. Still in the wardrobe, not warn once
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Sheree, well its my O/h who is showing the boys at Crufts. Last year he wore a suit and collar and tie, but if it was up to him he would wear anything, i.e. Tatty old jeans however like you I think with the bother we go to to have the dogs groomed we should ensure that the handler is equally well groomed , so I shall make sure he wears something smart and in colours that compliment both boys. Thanks for reminding me Sheree.
I do think it looks nice when men wear shirt and tie, I also think it shows respect for the judge too. Look forward to hearing what your O/H ends up wearing, (mind you, I'll see it for myself in the final when you've won the hound group and I've won the gundog group )
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
I will be wearing my Cream trousersuit that I bought for Crufts last year. Obviously I am not tempting fate and will change into it once i'm there. Luckily Ring 1 is right near the loos
Normally I show at Open and Champ shows in Black Trousers and a red jacket. Have to say I buy my jackets from ebay, just keep an eye out and get one when one pops up. Got a lovely one, brand new with tags retailing at £70 for the bargain price of £7.50 including P&P.
I have to say I really loathed chucking my last jacket away. It had given me luck in my opinion but it was starting to look bobbly and I had put a little bit of weight on. It sat in the wardrobe for months before I finally thanked it and put it out of it's misery.
So I generally stick to red, even though I bought three other jackets in other colours. Still in the wardrobe, not warn once
Thats a coincidence as I prefer red too, I wonder if it is because, just lately, all the setters I've shown have been dark and the red goes nicely against their coats. Even the pointer who is lemon and white shows up nicely against the red, also its a colour that can be worn all year round. Thanks for the tip about ebay, I never ever think to look at clothes on there, will be surfing tonight after work I can tell you. Hope we don't end up bidding on the same red jacket
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I always wear a trouser suit, even at open, I like getting dressed up! But just a plain black one. I have some nicer ones for champ, but never been to Crufts showing, but I would probably buy something new and wear my lucky badge!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I do think it looks nice when men wear shirt and tie, I also think it shows respect for the judge too. Look forward to hearing what your O/H ends up wearing, (mind you, I'll see it for myself in the final when you've won the hound group and I've won the gundog group )
As regards the final chance would be a fine thing

I hope he will wear a shirt and tie but will just have to wait and see, what I can do watch this space, tho' knowing my o/h he would decide till the day we are leaving. So maybe it will be a waste to watch this space
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I always wear a trouser suit, even at open, I like getting dressed up! But just a plain black one. I have some nicer ones for champ, but never been to Crufts showing, but I would probably buy something new and wear my lucky badge!
That sounds smart, the trouble with the english setters is that their white fur gets everywhere, as does their slobber, really marks black clothes, yuk.

What does your lucky badge look like?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
That sounds smart, the trouble with the english setters is that their white fur gets everywhere, as does their slobber, really marks black clothes, yuk.

What does your lucky badge look like?
It's a little Weimaraner!

My fave suit is the one I got for SKC last year, it's like a fine pink tweed, ok doesn't sound so nice but it is!

I guess i'm lucky, Maddy shows up really nice against black. The only colours that dont go too well are white cream or grey, but even then you can get away with them, just less of a contrast.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 05:51 PM
green is said to be unlucky .....nothing to do with matching the carpet LOL..really its said to be a no no
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >