Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

21-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lolo
hey good luck to you all for the weekend. Know that its probably going to show my ignorance and everything but please bear in mind i'm new to all this, what exactly is going on at the Leeds championship show etc? and is here a website i can look at for more information please

thank you

There is a website for Harewood House the venue for the show but think this only tells you that it is on this weekend but no details. Not sure exactly what you want to know but the gist of it is that it is a Championship Show held over three day the Sat 22 is for Utility Toys and Terriers, Sunday it is Hounds and gun-dogs, and Monday Working and Pastoral. Hope this helps.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm there Monday good luck all
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lolo
hey good luck to you all for the weekend. Know that its probably going to show my ignorance and everything but please bear in mind i'm new to all this, what exactly is going on at the Leeds championship show etc? and is here a website i can look at for more information please

thank you
Most champ shows are run over 3 days with different groups(hound,working,toy etc) on each day.Apart from being breed classes where dogs of the same breed compete against each other there are also junior handling classes for children and 'stakes' classes which are mixed breed classes that are specified by other crieria for eg champion stakes or puppy stakes.
The other thing that many people go for is the huge choice of stalls selling everything doggy you could wish to buy.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm there on the Monday, just taking the younger two, been under the judge with my older two and didnt do too well, so going to see if he thinks the same of the younger ones, lol if he does I wont enter under him again lol.

Mo
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Well we went & today JD the norty boy was very good, kissed the judge & got a third

We were in the wet weathe tent for Lou's class & Lou doesn't do being wet at shows so was more interested in p**ing on the tent poles LOLOLOLOL
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Well we went & today JD the norty boy was very good, kissed the judge & got a third

We were in the wet weathe tent for Lou's class & Lou doesn't do being wet at shows so was more interested in p**ing on the tent poles LOLOLOLOL

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
congratulations on getting third, well done!

ooh and thanks for the help archer cheers, i'm new to all of this!
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Meg got a 2nd in mpb her brother took 1st in mpd and wooo hooo their dad got the ticket making it his 3rd and now a champ !! (subject to kc blah de blah)

We left pretty early as it was a scorcher!

mental note to self we WILL be more prepared in future.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by mo
I'm there on the Monday, just taking the younger two, been under the judge with my older two and didnt do too well, so going to see if he thinks the same of the younger ones, lol if he does I wont enter under him again lol.

Mo
Well I wouldn't say a 2nd and a 3rd were too bad

Well Done Mo
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 05:24 PM
lol thanks, might enter those two under him again lol. for some reason Timber would just NOT take his bait, and was very fidgity, I was told later that there was a bitch in heat, so maybe that was what was wrong lol. he must have had "other" things on his mind lol.mind you he wasnt that bad, now if I had taken Bailey and a bitch was in heat nearby, he would have raised hell

Mo
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi we did not do very well at all only a VHC with Pellow, but not really surprised as I knew they were not this judge's types But still we had a nice mini break staying over in Harrogate so it wasn't all bad.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >