Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
! They are great dogs - real dogs!
I know, I just find it hard to see past the pom poms, they just look daft in my opinion - and thats just what it is, my opinion
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Poodles can hardly be blamed for the way some people choose to have them clipped .
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Poodles can hardly be blamed for the way some people choose to have them clipped .
I know, thats why I hate the fact people make them look silly - don't even get me started on the people who dye them pink
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't like the look of some breeds of dogs but I wouldn't be rude enough to say so on a dog forum where there are people who have these breeds of dogs
We are discussing the Crufts BIS finalists. I am allowed to give my opinion, you know! And I, personally, do not like Poodles.

They aren't the only breed I dislike and would not choose to own.

We are allowed our own opinions, you know, and were are allowed to have breeds we don't like. I'm not daft enough to think everyone likes Westies or mongrels and wouldn't be at all annoyed if someone said they didn't like like those breeds.

Each to their own. I have no grievance with people like Poodles or like or dislike any other breed of dog, for that matter.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Obviously we know that. I don't, for one minute, believe that Poodles asked to be groomed in such a stupid way.

Me? I prefer the lamb cut, if we're talking pet Poodes.

ETA: Actually, I have peculiar visions of a standard white asking "Servant.....I insist on you grooming me NOW, darling!". .......Joke, btw!
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I'm not daft enough to think everyone likes Westies or mongrels
I don't like Westies Tee hee!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
We are discussing the Crufts BIS finalists. I am allowed to give my opinion, you know! And I, personally, do not like Poodles.

They aren't the only breed I dislike and would not choose to own.

We are allowed our own opinions, you know, and were are allowed to have breeds we don't like. I'm not daft enough to think everyone likes Westies or mongrels and wouldn't be at all annoyed if someone said they didn't like like those breeds.

Each to their own. I have no grievance with people like Poodles or like or dislike any other breed of dog, for that matter.
I think based on the number of times you have stated in this thread you don't like poodles people will now be fully aware that you don't like poodles .
I hope you are not shallow enough to base your opinions of people solely on how they look
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Netpon View Post
I don't like Westies Tee hee!
*gasps* How very dare you say that!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
I think any of the finalists would have been a worthy winner as this year . They each had such a lot going for them and without being hands on would be impossible to pick a winner.

Me too I would happily have seen any of them win. Never paid much attention to Sealyhams before but I could get quite keen Boxer well I was NOT impartial Pharoh Hound was stunning. As for the Poodle they are on my list of one day breeds VERY clever and that one oozes personality as well as being gorgeous. OES was so bouncy I could be converted. Pity the Vizla didn't go well at first. If I had to choose a small dog would probably have Chi or a Pap.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
The judge being a Terrier man probably made it HARDER for the Sealyham to win - not easier. When you have in depth knowledge of a breed or particular group, you tend to be much more critical in your assessment of them so they have to be extra special.

The Pharaoh is a lovely dog but unfortunately mismarked so when it gets to the level of BIS I could never have put him up.

The poodle has things that I personally dislike (head carriage on the move for one) but you can't knock him for showmanship. It must give you a hell of a buzz to handle a dog like him that's for sure.

Personally I LOVED the Bracco that was pulled in the Gundog group.

Debs
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >