Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all hope today finds you well and all pets too.

Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday I wasn't feeling brilliant but feeling ok we then went out for coffee with our friends and when we got back had to walk Dillon in the dark and cold and rain and then we both got in and sort of collapsed.
Its times like this having a dog is not such a good idea I could stay in bed and I am sure Gorden could too.

Dillon was better yesterday for his barking and seems to be doing well this morning. Its just his over amorous bottom sniffing and humping of Gorden and Michael that is a bit bothersome at the moment.
We can usually distract him with him a game although sometimes it works him up more then its time out.

It is very windy out there this morning how is every one else doing over all over the country with the rain and flooding I hope you are all safe and dry.

Anyone have to shop today ? If you do take care and good luck.

I will be popping in and out but forgive me if I am not quite so on the ball as usual.

Enjoy your day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope you feel better soon, I am still struggling to get over the coughing, I've had it for 2 weeks now.

What are we going to do with Dillon, what a pest, at least he's quieting down now.

I am working this afternoon, was supposed to be all day but my lovely colleague agreed to do all day instead as I just can't get everything done. My cousin is now in the care home, they are all so lovely there so I am hoping he will like it, they even have a vacancy!! I was an hour late for work, everyone forgot I said I might be late so were relieved when I eventually arrived.

I am braving the shops tomorrow for a few last minute bits.

Have a good day all.

Hope Zena is ok today H.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

I hope you feel better soon, I am still struggling to get over the coughing, I've had it for 2 weeks now.

What are we going to do with Dillon, what a pest, at least he's quieting down now.

I am working this afternoon, was supposed to be all day but my lovely colleague agreed to do all day instead as I just can't get everything done. My cousin is now in the care home, they are all so lovely there so I am hoping he will like it, they even have a vacancy!! I was an hour late for work, everyone forgot I said I might be late so were relieved when I eventually arrived.

I am braving the shops tomorrow for a few last minute bits.

Have a good day all.

Hope Zena is ok today H.
Morning Gerri.
Two weeks. Gorden has had is cough a week now.
I'm sure its the coughing that makes you feel you have gone two rounds with Mike Tyson.
I hope your cousin settles into home. Such a worry when you know they have no choice but to settle but find it difficult.

Good luck with those shops tomorrow. I wouldn't fancy it.
Hope work isn't to bad are you expecting to be busy today ?
I hope your day goes well.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Having finally managed to get to bed before midnight, albeit only ten minutes short of it, and Pereg only getting me up once in the night - I did a collops back into bed after giving her her morning meds and did not surface for another hour and a half! She is currently sitting outside singing to a delivery guy across at the macolet - I think she thinks she is Maria Callas!

Best go see what needs doing as I took it easy yesterday.

Have a good Sunday everyone and keep safe and warm.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 07:46 AM
We were deathly quiet yesterday so not expecting to be busy today. We are still selling the odd christmas tree, only about 6 left now, all of the decs are reduced so selling a few of those too.

I have a cunning plan for tomorrow, taking cousin out for a coffee in the morning, had planned a garden centre or somewhere quiet but as our cafe is open I will take him there instead, feed the cat (which I have taken on over christmas as I will be in and out like a yo yo) and give him (cousin not cat) an exclusive viewing of the art exhibition, he paints and has had his own exhibition in the past so it will entertain him. Then a trip to the shops which hopefully will have quietened down!

It might work!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Morning Lynn, grandma, Gerry and everyone

Blimey, what a night here sooooo windy and lashing rain against the window in my bedroom and it's still raining now Now I'm a winter girl through and through, but not like this, it's getting depressing now isn't it, let alone so tragic for all those poor people flooded out just before Christmas We'll be going along the top of the seafront again no matter what, because Zena has to get out, and I couldn't stand the thought of all that mud after a walk in the woods, I'm fed up with it now.

Chin up Lynn, I know there's a lot of things getting you down at the moment, but hopefully, it'll all come right in the end....somehow! Don't work too hard today Gerry, although you probably won't be too busy, everyone should have their decs up by now I would have thought, and glad to hear that care home has proved to be the right choice. Jenny I hope Flash & Rucksack are over their problems and good luck with the cleaning of the cream carpet (been there!)

Well, we're doing the turkey thing today, so that'll be going in the oven soon before our walk and it can sit there all morning whilst I get on with some long awaited housework, I've spent far too long on Dogsey for the past few days (weeks/months even lol!).

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Good morning all.

The rain has stopped! For how long is anyone's guess, but it's not raining now so it's off to town we go. We'll have a breakfast and our usual walk around. There isn't a lot of industry here so we don't tend to get the usual madness in town expected at this time. Where we lived before, it would have taken so long just to get to town this close to Christmas that we'd have given up before we got there. Heaven to live in a place that is so quiet in winter. The summer crowds can be a pain, but we know the quieter bits where the tourists tend to either steer clear of or never find

Rosie's eating blip was just that. She's been fine since, thankfully.

We got so very wet on our walk yesterday, but we both really enjoyed it. It's rare I get the chance to take her out on my own, but it was a delight. Just me and my girl and we loved it.

Nowt else on much today just a nice, normal day

Whatever you lot have planned, enjoy!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Good morning Lynn and morning all,

I hope Lynn you have a better day and Dillon behaves. Malka visions of Pereg singing outside is just so 'romantic'
Helena I hope you get some of your long awaited housework done .... I bet you've done more than me recently

Rucksack and Flash both had a peaceful night and all seems back to normal this morning ... thank goodness

Today is going to be a much better day than yesterday .... by the law of averages it has to be.

I have so much to do today, food shopping, cleaning, cooking blah, blah, blah. So I too won't be on here so much today, well not until I've got all my jobs done. Have a great day everyone and I hope all of you and your dogs that have been 'under-the-weather' are feeling much better.

See you much later.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

Dry here at the moment,

Tom still isn't right but feels better than yesterday,but complaining of a numb right arm now too

Had a message from Lizzie's ex yesterday saying to check my front door When I looked there was a bag full of soft toys she had brought him,her slippers,socks,belts,photos & a note,she ripped the note up and put it in the bin along with the photo's
I told him thanks and I would give it to Lizzie when she came home,he asked where she had gone, and was surprized she wasn't home,she was round her friends and having tea there He seemed ok with that,although it's now nothing to do with him what she does and where she goes.
I am just hoping he will leave her alone now.

Need to get the turkey out of the freezer today so it be be thawed for tomorrow evening and I can cook it slowly overnight as I usually do.

Nothing much else planned for today only washing,

Hope everyone is ok,

Have a good day all x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Morning all.

Sorry to hear a few are not too well. And I hope Dillon starts to behave soon - have you thought about getting him castrated?

EKKKKKKKKK two more sleeps

And good morning to you all.

As the title says its almost here.

I am off to offer calm and smiles too all shopping. seriously need to get a present or two for myself. I am difficult to buy for so off to look in the "pre sales" so there you go.
Can't seem to access photobucket so looking for another way to show you some photo's. Any clues?

Worked at the shelter last night through the rain making and offering out tea and some parcels of donated warm socks and things. Did the 11pm - 2am shift.

So off I go and Helena yesterday I did complete my alloted tasks in the timescale
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »